Oil filter cup wrench for PF48??

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my research and also physical measurements, the AC Delco PF48 requires a cup wrench that is 73mm with 15 flutes.

I see this does exist in the world, but so far as I've seen, only in full kits.

Anyone else finding this tool hard to find?

Cheers!

I found one on eBay for 39.00 RM.

It's gonna take weeks and weeks to get through customs ... we'll see how it turns out. I'm sure I'll find another before it gets here, but once or twice a year I get on an eBay kick.

I bought a plastic oil filter cup type wrench from Wal-Mart for the PF-48 and it worked great.

Does one of those strap on wrenches not work?

And I'm curious what car are you using this filter for? If I remember correctly, the Purolator 20073 is an equivalent of the PF48. And I want to try the L20073 on my Civic someday.

ant,

Which brand, make and model please??? I looked hard at two separate WMs... heck in the PF48, the two I went to did not have AC Delco, only M1 is that size. (M1 is 113 if I remember)

asiancivic,

Yes will work if you the type that fold at the handle, which I do have. You can then work up to the top of the filter and unfold above the cross bar which is in the way.

This is all for an 08 Silverado.

I guess I should add that I am looking for a true fit or some call one step fit. Not multi-fit that happens to catch the flute edge.
For the BMW I have a Lisle 74mm 14 flute that fits the filter housing Perfectly.
Again by my research a 73mm 15 flute should apply for some Chrysler, GMs and Mitsu's.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the brand name and it doesn't have the name or number on the tool. At the Wal-Marts here there is only one brand of cup wrenches for sale. You can check the fit of the PF-46 as it the same can as the PF-48. The M1-113 will not fit the same cup wrench as the PF-48; I think it has 14 flutes.

I was able to find the wrench on the web. It is an Imperial IF-7476C.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ant
I'm not sure of the brand name and it doesn't have the name or number on the tool. At the Wal-Marts here there is only one brand of cup wrenches for sale. You can check the fit of the PF-46 as it the same can as the PF-48. The M1-113 will not fit the same cup wrench as the PF-48; I think it has 14 flutes.

I was able to find the wrench on the web. It is an Imperial IF-7476C.

Thanks, I'll look again here in the next day or so.

I Google of "Imperial IF-7476C" yields very little for me.

I bought one a couple of months back at WM for about three dollars. Just take your brand of filter out of the box and match it up to one of the wrenches hanging there.

This is the best wrench on the planet. It will remove any of the "Import Filters"

[/img]http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sjdiscounttools_2027_461399374[/img]

Just do a search on lisle oil filter wrench 63600

Try Imperial cup wrench for more information.

All the Wal-Marts here have it. I used mine to remove the factory installed PF-48 without slipping.

ant,

I found a WM that had this wrench and I did purchase. Nicely made and not expensive. It does work on PF48, the fit is in fact slightly loose. I hope the report back on the one I am importing that is exactly 73mm 15 flute, it should fit perfectly, but again this Imperial does the trick.
Like I said earlier, once in a while I get on an eBay kick, hence the overseas order.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaMan
Try Imperial cup wrench for more information.

All the Wal-Marts here have it. I used mine to remove the factory installed PF-48 without slipping.

ant,

I found a WM that had this wrench and I did purchase. Nicely made and not expensive. It does work on PF48, the fit is in fact slightly loose. I hope the report back on the one I am importing that is exactly 73mm 15 flute, it should fit perfectly, but again this Imperial does the trick.
Like I said earlier, once in a while I get on an eBay kick, hence the overseas order.

I noticed it was a little loose as well, and I suspect it's that way to accommodate the extra little bit of "grippiness" on the Fram cans.

It's nice to find something so cheap that works well and is made in the U.S., at Wal-Mart of all places!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back