installed 1GB RAM in 3 laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, my wife's oldish IBM R51, neighbor girl's R52, and my Lenovo R60 ... all these came with 512MB, and I already had mine upgraded to 1.5GB by adding 1GB sometime ago, and after seeing how cheap the RAM for the other 2 laptops at Crucial was, I got 3 1GB (like $20.00 each) sticks for all 3 ...
so mine will go up to 2GB from 1.5GB.. probably not such a big jump in performance, but when it's so cheap, why the [censored] not? :)

Installed wife's 1GB and man, what a difference! windows pop up so much faster, and close the same way... no lag, and for $20.00 it was so worth it!

the whole experience with Crucial was smooth.

Crucial is good. I have 2 gig of Ram from them coming myself.

Fastest and easiest way to increase performance.

Last edited:
I went from 512mb to 1 gb in my 4 year old laptop a few years ago. What a difference! It's still every bit as fast with everyday tasks as newer machines.

For decent performance:

XP should have at least 1 gig of RAM

Vista should have at least 2 gig of RAM

anyone need a single stick of 256MB RAM Laptop memory with following spec's?
(took this one out of a IBM ThinkPad R51):
PC2700 DDR SDRAM 200-pin non-parity SoDIMM 333MHz

I'd let it go for $20.00 shipped;
offers welcome.

also will have: 512MB (Lenovo) of:
PC2-5300 CL5 DDR2 SDRAM 200-pin non-parity SoDIMM 667MHz
$20 shipped.

My sister has a HP laptop using Vista Home Premium. It came with 1GB of RAM and it was so slow that it was a pain to use. Came across 2x2GB of Crucial PC2-5300 RAM for $40 AMIR and even though her machine only recognizes 3GB it is flying now.

I have 2.5GB in my laptop using Vista Ultimate and it's running well. Replaced the Celeron with a C2D and am liking that. Only if I could replace the integrated graphics with something better then I would be fully content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back