is Chevron RPM any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question what does everyone think of using motorcraft 5w20 in my Moms mercury Grand Marquis 2004 the engine is the 4.6 and runs good since new with the motorcraft 5w20 semi synthetic and a motorcraft fl-820s i change the oil myself every 4 months..What about pennzoil platinun and does everyone agree on the 5w20?? the car has only 30,000 miles on it...

Definitely keep rolling with the 5W20 (if not a 0W20). Motorcraft, PP and amsoil XL are rock solid oils within that grade for the price. With PP and XL you could go 6 month OCIs in most cases as long as the car doesn't have mechanical issues (coolant leaks, intake air leaks, fuel dilution etc.) nor rack up the big miles.

I was going to use the Texaco Super Plus 15W40 as I had found some for a decent price...but I checked out 02ZX9r's VOA in that forum and I'm not really liking the numbers (or lack thereof...)and I think I'm going to return it and buy some more Esso XD3 15W40...the VOA on that was excellent. Very nice numbers on an oil I can get for the same price as that Texaco.
thumbsup2.gif

Also, some had mentioned that Blackstone occasionally came in around 200ppm low on some additives...if this is the case, the Texaco is still ordinary and the Esso is getting close on additive heavy and spectacular! (for CI4+)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back