Basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a glossary on this forum that defines of the jargon and abbreviations used here? I have been lurking for a month now and still haven't figured some of it out. Thanks.

Is Castrol still veggie oil made from castor beans or have they gone blended like everyone else?

Originally Posted By: sootjunkie
Is there a glossary on this forum that defines of the jargon and abbreviations used here? I have been lurking for a month now and still haven't figured some of it out. Thanks.

Is Castrol still veggie oil made from castor beans or have they gone blended like everyone else?

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

There are several glossary's but they are hard to find. Good luck with that one.

Castrol is just motor oil like everyone else's. I think they might still make a castor oil for some racing applications but I have not seen it in years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sootjunkie

Is Castrol still veggie oil made from castor beans

Noooo! Instead, it's blended with soy bean oil... or is it corn....hummm...maybe it's canola oil afterall....

*yes, I'm pulling a quick one on ya*

Q.

Hi,
sootjunkie - Castrol still make a number of lubricants that are castor bean oil based or have a significant content of that ester

They are usually very easy to obtain

The first version of GC ( Formula SLX 0W-30) had such a conent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back