Instructions for changing oil on a Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lincolntowncar.org/repair/oilchange.html
shocked2.gif

Need I say more?
Guess I'm at some point I'm gonna try to get permission to modify this.

lol what he didnt put in there was on panther chassis cars with the old style steering, you turn the wheels to the right before you lift it. the suspensions moves in a way to allow more access to the oil filter.

Better one yet, I had a 1978 Cadillac Elderado and the oil pan curved around the front wheel drive and had two oil pan drains, one held the bulk, the other about a qt, I changed oil in the car three times till I realized to drain both pans.

Holy mackerel.

Tighten the drain plug as tight as you can.
shocked2.gif

I'm not too crazy about putting 2 or 3 quarts in there then starting it up to get it off the ramps, either. I guess it'd work, but I'd feel better with 4 or 4.5, assuming a 5 qt fill, before starting it up.

Wow - he didn't even attempt to start a war by saying which brand/weight oil to use. What's wrong with that guy?
LOL.gif

And Fram or Pennzoil filters. Geeze!!
grin2.gif

Wonder how many Town Car owners change their own oil?

Quote:
Better one yet, I had a 1978 Cadillac Elderado and the oil pan curved around the front wheel drive and had two oil pan drains, one held the bulk, the other about a qt, I changed oil in the car three times till I realized to drain both pans.

Had a Ford Fairmont with 302 that was like that - one drain plug ahead of the crossmember and one behind. First time I changed the oil, I stuck in the recommended amount, then checked the stick - it was way over full. Scratch head. Oh, that's what that other thing that looks like a drain plug?

Originally Posted By: RWEST
- one drain plug ahead of the crossmember and one behind.

Ford V8s have been that way for decades.

thank [censored] they did away with that in teh module motor. they are all 1 drain plug except the GT supercar, which has 2 on the engine and one on the dry sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back