Running some waste oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run about a quart of drop/waste oil in a tank on my old 67 F-250. My question is if I did the same with a diesel engine would it be a problem? Other then build up of deposits.

prolly not.

Would depend on the type of engine, type of injection pump (the Bosch inlines will run anything), and the filter before the pump.

I dumped my sump into the tank of my old VW diesel. Ran fine. I didn't do that with my Peugeot.

I have been running waste oil from my Isuzu 4BD1, never missed a lick. Have not tried it on 06 diesel yet...but I am running 2 cycle so why not try it next??

Been recycling my waste oil in my 7.3PSD for two years now. I like to run it through anything I can find to filter it as best as I can before I use it.

One drawback, depending on the source of your used oil, is shorter fuel filter life. You could also potentially see accelerated wear on any pump that might come before the filter. There's a fair amount of diesel soot particulate in used diesel oil. Other sources may contain varying amounts of other particulate that would be affecting anything in the fuel system upstream of the fuel filter.

Best to filter it well, or at the very least, let it settle for awhile before putting it in the fuel tank.

wonder if I could do this w/my oil burner for the house. after all its the same as diesel fuel. I'll take any help I can get at $3.35 a gal. w/5 vehicles to take care of I always have a few gallons of oil around.

I ran all my sump oil from two vehicles in my oil burner in my previous home for 7 years. No problem at all for me. I did not see any difference in buildup in the burner chamber after dropping in the used motor oil. I only used 5w30 and typically mixed it up to 2.5 percent of full tank just before a fillup to thoroughly mix. Go for it and get a return on your used oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back