Cevron with Techron or Shell Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

FWIW, BP is test-marketing a improved fuel that surpasses even the "Top-Tier" standards across all grades.
http://www.bpinvigorate.com/

Is BP gasoline with Invigorate Top Tier?

BP does not participate in the Top Tier program. BP believes that consumer interests are best served when the automotive and oil industries work cooperatively to determine the optimal mix of vehicle hardware and fuel standards.

We believe our new gasoline offer is unique and all grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate exceed the Top Tier requirements with respect to detergent additive content.
///

Here's a response to a e-mail I sent to BP if the gas sold in NY-metro area has Invigorate...

Dear Mr. ....,

Thank you for your interest in BP Gasoline with Invigorate! At this
time, gasoline sold at BP stations in the New York metro area does not
contain the Invigorate additive. We are currently pilot testing our new
offer in several markets in Wisconsin, Virginia and Georgia. We are
optimistic that the pilot tests will be successful and we will then
begin to roll out BP Gasoline with Invigorate to our other markets.

Unfortunately, it is still too early to be able to communicate the
details of our broader roll out schedule at this time.

Kind Regards,
BP US Fuels Marketing

was this posted before or after they got slapped with that heafty fine? If it was posted before, they may not be able to afford to do this.
laugh.gif

I used Arco until I found an even cheaper independent dealer "Food Store."

I switched to Shell on a promo credit card--they refunded 25 cents per gallon on the first 100 gallons charged to the card.

My Prius appears to have been running smoother but I wasn't sure. Now I switched back to the Food Store brand and the engine appears to sound louder. Maybe my mind playing games with me.

Please let me know your thoughts. Although from what I read above, maybe I already have the answer.

Is there really a difference between gasoline brands?

Originally Posted By: surfstar

www.877myshell.com/

...makes Shell gas THE cheapest around. Good discount when gas is $3.xx in California.

You need to read the fine print when you get the card. I sent away for the card and when I got it, they included an updated "agreement" that said I had to charge "xx" amount every month or they would charge me a monthly fee. Then there was the 40% interest rate. I called and canceled before I even activated the card.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: surfstar

www.877myshell.com/

...makes Shell gas THE cheapest around. Good discount when gas is $3.xx in California.

You need to read the fine print when you get the card. I sent away for the card and when I got it, they included an updated "agreement" that said I had to charge "xx" amount every month or they would charge me a monthly fee. Then there was the 40% interest rate. I called and canceled before I even activated the card.

According to the "terms and conditions" on the online application, the APR is 15.49% with a grace period and you have to make 9 or more Shell gasoline purchases per year to avoid the $20 yearly service charge. Does not seem all that unreasonable to me.

https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/Displa..._BRANDS=&t=&uc=

Drew

Last edited:
If you have access to Safeway gas, they are about 5% lower than Shell (at least around here) and even lower if you make $50 purchases at their store.

Years ago Volvo did a study and their data demonstrated that some fuel additives worked on some types of deposits better than others. The Volvo factory recommendation at that time was to NOT USE ONLY ONE BRAND OF FUEL. I switch between Chevron & Shell and occasionally an off brand like Murphy (WalMarts/Sam's Club). Makes sense to me. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back