Just used Nufinish Polish with awesome results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"To each his own...use spit on a rag to shine up your truck if you feel macho and don't want to protect your truck's paint."

There is some sort of bizarre blind spot here....

1. Pretty shine has nothing to do with durable protection, durable protection is measured not by shine but by water beading after some length of time.

2. Zaino says to use their all in one 3 to 4 times a year, while Nufinish is nominally a once a year product. Per Zaino's own advertising Nufinish provides 3 to 4 time the length of protection.

3. To get 9 months of protection Zaino says to use their sealer. Nominally not as long lasting as Nufinish, but closer.

4. Nufinish protects the finish, as water beads a long time after application.

I protect the paint on two trucks and two sedans with Nufinish. I am not at all interested in 'detailing' as I don't have the time or money for such things.

Remember, just because someone isn't using Zaino doesn't mean that they aren't protecting the finish, as per Zaino's own advertising other finishes provide longer lasting protection.

Quote:

"To each his own...use spit on a rag to shine up your truck if you feel macho and don't want to protect your truck's paint."

There is some sort of bizarre blind spot here....

1. Pretty shine has nothing to do with durable protection, durable protection is measured not by shine but by water beading after some length of time.

2. Zaino says to use their all in one 3 to 4 times a year, while Nufinish is nominally a once a year product. Per Zaino's own advertising Nufinish provides 3 to 4 time the length of protection.

There is some sort of bizarre blind spot. The OP said he had a tremendous shine with his NuFinish and he talked of water beading. You are saying shine isn't important to you, but you didn't make the original post commenting on the shine of NuFinish.

Cheap old Kit carnauba car wax also claims protection up to 12 months. NuFinish claims to be the "once a year" car polish. You can claim all you want, but if you read NuFinish's directions, they claim you should apply a "second coat after 30 days for maximum protection"...if 12 months is the maximum, perhaps you aren't getting the 12 months with just one coat? Doesn't seem so user-friendly if that's the case.

We all value different things. Perhaps you like to wax your cars and run then through a car wash once in a while. Whatever floats your boat. I like to have a car I enjoy driving and that is clean and has a nice shine. For me, Zaino is the better product...it has protection that fits well for me and it provides a tremendous shine. No one said NuFinish won't protect your paint. For shine, it isn't the best product.

"No one said NuFinish won't protect your paint. For shine, it isn't the best product. "

You said it won't protect the paint; " To each his own...use spit on a rag to shine up your truck if you feel macho and don't want to protect your truck's paint."

Most seem to use one coat of Nufinish, most don't seem to get beading after a year, I don't either but some do, but 6 to 9 months seems common.

No replies so evidently no one seems to clay bar, polish, and then seal crew cab pickups with canopies, so what is demanded by detailers for a maximum shiny finish is a moot point. I haven't seen any replies from anyone who clay bars, polishes and seals four vehicles (including two trucks) on a regular basis , so that seems to be a moot point too.

I did half of my hood with nu-finish, then the other half with DuraGloss. Beading looks about the same, but the duragloss seems to trap a great deal more dust than the new finish. It is a significant difference. You can see the lines where the nu-finish meets the duragloss, and there is at least twice as much dust sitting on the duragloss side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back