Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
DrinkDuff: I like that keyboard
20.gif
who makes it?

Dave

It's a Logitech from what I can see.

That's the one I am going to buy at some point too!

Logitech

Thanks DrinkDuff. I will hit newegg on payday. I used to be really big into the latest stuff for PC's, but now I don't game, just surf here, so I am happy with a basic machine. I usually spend all my time fixing others PC's.

Dave

I just have a laptop now, before I had gotten the laptop I had a high priced gaming rig(at the time). Full watercooling on the GPU's and CPU.

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.8Ghz
4GB Mushkin
Dual 8800 GTS 512 x 2
Dell 24inch Widescreen HD
Creative Xifi onboard CPU

Can't remember the rest of the specs, been 3 years since I had it. It was a nice blue beast(lights) wish I had pics. I build my wife's PC with the same spec's minus the dual gpu's(she is running 1 8800). It's a pink tower nicknamed pink princess.

My laptop now is a Dell Vostro 1500
Upgrade the CPU from a 1.6ghz C2D to a 2.1 Ghz Penryn C2D.
4GB's of memory
320 GB 7200 RPM HDD from the 120GB 5400.
Nvidia 8600M GT w/512 VRAM(not shared).

Plays everything fine at 50-60fps so far. No where near the 100+ of my old rig(Ragnaros in WoW with 40 people and running 120+ FPS was elite back then).

Last edited:
Oh heck, I'll do some show and tell

I don't own this but I get to play with it everyday at work.

Frame.jpg

IBM Power 595 Model 9119-FHA Server. It has 2 "Nodes" or "Books" installed on right. Can have a maximum of 8. Units on top are bulk power and ethernet hubs. There are full redundant supplies on back plus cooling fans. 4 smaller silver units across the center are service processors and oscillators. Fully redundant. If one goes bad other takes over without interruption. Down on the bottom are DASD racks. Can have a maximum of 3 internal to the frame but can also access expansion frame with racks and racks of DASD.

And here is a peek inside a "Node" or "Book"
Node.jpg

4 dual-core IBM Power P6 processors running at 5.0GHZ. 32 DIMM slots containing up to a max of 512GB memory.

So....a fully configured server would have 64 processors and 4 TB (yep terabytes!) of memory. Imagine having that in your home PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back