Yellow Corp shut down today

Not even Roadways management team could save yellow from itself. Once again the rank and file take it in the neck.

Well, did they strike? Did they threaten to?

If they did strike and the company folded, I have no compassion for them, and hope they get no unemployment or other benefits/severance. That’s playing with fire.

Doesn’t mean I don’t feel for the people who aren’t getting another paycheck soon…
It was a management issue from what I hear from a
Roadway retiree.

LOTS and LOTS of layoffs going on, the "NEWS" isn't going to talk about it.

These people that are being laid off are flooding the market with decent talent, not sure if any of you talk to many people, but it's not so tough to find decent employees anymore. Employers can weed through the poor decisions and hire good people now.

Many people that refused to work the last 3 years are crying about how tough it is to find a job now...

These people that are being laid off are flooding the market with decent talent, not sure if any of you talk to many people, but it's not so tough to find decent employees anymore. Employers can weed through the poor decisions and hire good people now.

Many people that refused to work the last 3 years are crying about how tough it is to find a job now...

daily job cuts (dot) com.

Lots of lay offs and even ‘healthy’ companies in big tech trimming the fat.

If you work for a company that is on the ''skids'' you know what's going on well in advance of the last day if you choose to face the truth.
I retired from Sears just before the end, had to hang in for making it to 65 holding my nose for the last couple years.
Likely possible at sears - its publicly traded - you see the earnings, you see the foot traffic.

Should have been possible at Yellow - its been discussed for a while.

Not sure about everywhere. Maybe if your paycheck is late. That is why I mentioned that earlier in this thread.

A friend of mine worked for a good size industrial distributor. There biggest customer went bottoms up - left them hanging for millions in receivables. So the distributor declared bankruptcy. I believe they paid their employees as a last act - but still no one except a few in accounting really had a clue up to then.

I think its situation dependent.

Any takers? :unsure: :cautious:

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/YELL?qsearchterm=YEL

1690905356950.png

1690905473484.jpg

I fear bad times are ahead for a lot of companies and workers. I am hoping to protect myself by not buying anything not absolutely necessary and keeping cash.

The gift keeps on giving. Yellow received $700M COVID-era loan combined with 30% USG stake. Company was deemed vital to national security. Isn't everything? *eye rolling*

30,000 but I'm sure some will get hired by competitors and/or retained by a buyer who wants to swoop in after a ton of debt has been discharged.

Back