Would it be a problem { advantage ?} to keep my AutoRX in for 2k,or even 3k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering...
I've got 1400 + miles on a second treatment of ARX & am getting ready to change the oil { the ole rinse cycle } next week as per Frank's instructions.
Now if 1500 miles are far better then the 750, would leaving the ARX treated oil in for 2k or even 3 k miles be a good idea if I was reasonably sure the filter wasnt clogged with sludge or even if I was to put a new filter on it for the extra 1000 miles or so ?
Or is the cleaning ability of the ARX basiclly " spent after the 1500 miles?
Why not let her roll baby
grin.gif
?

Unlikely that it would create a problem, but I guess it depends on the amount of crud in the engine. If there is not much left, then keeping it in there longer won't hurt, I suppose, but if it's loaded, then best get it out.

I would dump it though, purely from my observation it seems as the rinse cycle really shows the clean metal.

Pablo, I think your right. I guess theres a point when the ARX has carried all the sludge it can into the filter & it's time to do a rinse cycle so the engine can benefit from any positive results....

I'm 2/3 of the way into the first clean on a 180,000 mile engine and my oil is still clean like new. This time I used the best and largest filter for my engine one designed for the NSX so I don't know if that has any relation to it staying clean.
If there was a lot of stuff liquified, wouldn't my oil start getting darker as well?

I'm tempted to go longer than 1500 since my oil is still clean.

Cangreylegend,
All I can tell you is that all of a sudden after 1100 or so miles it seemed like my oil went from amber to light brown to BLACK !
Maybe you'll notice the same as this may be common during the ARX treatments ?
confused.gif
Or maybe your engine has no sludge ..
just a couple of thoughts...
smile.gif

But if I had new looking oil @ 1500 miles, I'd considering keeping it in there & maybe calling or e mailing Frank for advice..
smile.gif

[ November 28, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Scali62 ]

Make sure you change the filter. After looking at my post about my AutoRX filter on the 2nd run, im so glad I dumped the lot...

My Outback on 3rd bottle has approx 3,500kms on it. I ran a 3rd bottle in my Mazda turbo for around 5,000kms no problem. Now that's not in the instructions but I was product testing. Just change filter more often if you run longer IMO.

I was thinking of putting a bottle in the diesel superduty "15 quarts" and going the 5,000 mile oil change interval the motor has 20,000 miles .

Groucho,
I may have forgotten if you didnt mention it but I check my oil couple times a week due to a slightly excessive oil usage issue I have.
I think tommorow I'm going to just change it out & begin the rinse cycle.
smile.gif

Auto-Rx Rinse Cycle is 2000 miles, assuming you followed application instruction for your particular engine. Auto-Rx rinse is fine for this mileage.You are rinsing off engine parts with non synthetic oil ?

Frank, I've got 1470 miles on the Auto-RX treated dino presently. Tommorow I'm going to drain it & begin the rinse cycle. I'll be replacing it with dino Valvoline Max Life & a new Mitsubishi filter .
{ I'm using Valvoline max life because I got it free with a great rebate offer they have going & I'm working on an oil consumption issue of a qt. per 1000 mi's or so, thinking this stuff may help . }
smile.gif

I would recommend not using Maxlife during the rinse cycle though, due to it having esters in it. Save the Maxlife for later.

Patman ,
hmmmmmmmm. I do have a case of Citgo .99 cent per qt. special too, maybe I'll use that stuff ?
smile.gif

But , I dont understand the conflict of using the Max Life & I may be confused on what esters are ? Can you explain it for this clueless chap ..? ,
smile.gif

Just chimed back in , I think I get it { some of it } after reading up here on the site.., Frank wants non ester bases oils during the rinse cycle & the max life contains some esters..

[ November 29, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Scali62 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back