World's Largest Gas Station Opens

Given the choice, I would rather charge an EV in a place where I can kill the time (and check items off my to-do list) by patronizing several small businesses conveniently. Hook up to the charger, hit the produce market, the bakery, butcher, seafood market, etc... , then unplug and hit the road. Several small businesses are supported this way instead of one guy with an estimated $500M chain.
Welcome to the real world, that other world ended 2 decades ago in the USA

That number of pumps will never be used at the same time. The whole thing is a marketing gimmick.
If it was at Costco in California, I could see 120 pumps being used at the same time.

There's 30 pumps at the Costco I go to and there's long lines to pump gasoline all day long.

Yes, the restrooms are clean and have many toilets/urinals. No waiting. When you travel with females, this has value.
Indeed! Fond memories of looking for good restrooms. I have found that, generally, MacDonald's has clean and well-equipped restrooms. Many hotels and good-quality motels have restrooms adjacent to the lobby or dining area.

First I've heard of this chain. Maybe Virginia or Maryland isn't the south?

I’ve said this before 20 times…

I don’t care if a gas station like Costco / Buck-ee has gas for 50¢ less per gallon than Shell or Chevron, Im not waiting 20 min to fill up. I take no pleasure in going to Buck-ee and waiting in long lines with so many customers.

I would avoid just not to deal with all the traffic and careless drivers. I just want to gas up and go.

LOL! they just opened a LARGE Buck-ees on I-95 somewhere near Daytona Beach but I haven't seen it yet. I'll go to Wawa across the street from my house, thank you. But I suppose I should go see Buck-ees, it's cheaper than visiting Disney World, even including filling up my 36 gallon gas tank.

What piece of cheap land would that be one between the Southern Border and where I-5 heads due north towards San Francisco? :)
Right here. ;)
1688415714426.jpg

If it was at Costco in California, I could see 120 pumps being used at the same time.

There's 30 pumps at the Costco I go to and there's long lines to pump gasoline all day long.

That's CostCo......and what part of California are we talking about?

One, I may add would never fly out West because Real Estate is just too expensive.
With the price that they're charging for fuel in California, I'm sure that the companies can afford it.

With the price that they're charging for fuel in California, I'm sure that the companies can afford it.
You are not going to build a station between Victorville and Sylmar along the I-5 using that much land. It won't happen.

The brisket sandwich was ho-hum IMO, a little too fatty and not as tender as what I've found in Texas, but it was decent for gas-station fare. My buddy had that and the burrito, and aside from the gastronomical distress he experienced, said they were both delicious. And store made by local employees.

Considering that a GAS STATION advertises that they will pay $150-225k for a store GM, why exactly again are we pushing EVs that will never generate the kind of revenue that a Buc-ee's will because they use Tesla self-service PowerChargers with no employees required??

Buc-ee’s is already ahead of you. The three stores I’ve been to have around a dozen or more Tesla chargers.

These large gas stations-truck stops are a GOOD THING. Our truck stops around here are packed on the weekend. Try to find a open spot is always a challenge late Saturday nite.

We need to be boycotting TA-Travel America, they are charging drivers a fee to park, and are increasing those spots.

Reactions: GON
Back