WIX XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my cousins bought a 2011 F150 last night. He wants to use the WIX XP along with M1 EP 5W20 @ 10K mile OCI's, but can't find a local parts store that sells the XP filter. I checked O'Reilly's and NAPA but they don't carry the XP. I suggested he use the NAPA Platinum but is set on the XP. What local auto parts sell the XP?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same exact filter as the Napa Platinum.

That's why I suggested he use the NP.

They are the same.NAPA just relabels the WIX filters (well,WIX labels them for them).

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
They are the same.NAPA just relabels the WIX filters (well,WIX labels them for them).

I showed him the videos and pics of the XP and NP but still insists on the XP. I guess it runs in the family; "One filter, One OCI!"
grin.gif

I sent WIX an e-mail so he is going to wait to hear from them. Looking at his paperwork it reads that the FORD dealer did an oil change on it yesterday.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
They are the same. NAPA just relabels the WIX filters (well,WIX labels them for them).

I showed him the videos and pics of the XP and NP but still insists on the XP.

Same filter inside ... just get a Sharpie and write "XP" and cross out NAPA.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
They are the same. NAPA just relabels the WIX filters (well,WIX labels them for them).

I showed him the videos and pics of the XP and NP but still insists on the XP.

Same filter inside ... just get a Sharpie and write "XP" and cross out NAPA.
grin.gif

You're on a roll this morning. You insist on keeping my coffee everywhere else except for in my mouth.
lol.gif

Per Wix's website
Oil Filter 57502 V6 3.7L 227 CID
Oil Filter 57502 V8 5.0L 302 CID
Oil Filter 51372 V8 6.2L 379 CID

When I search online for wix 57502XP i don't come up with anything. However the 51372XP is available. I found a case of 6 for $45.78 USD at

http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/wix51372xp.html

I'm assuming Wix is planning to expand it's XP line. But at this point I'd just push the Napa Platinums in the meantime.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Time to channel our old buddy "KevGuy"-use a FRAM ULTRA!

I think I seen him in a FRAM video testing the FRAM bypass valves.
grin.gif

He's more a an "orange can" kind of guy. Maybe he should change his handle to OCODGuy. If he did start touting the Ultra, he could change his handle to FUGuy.
grin.gif

He's more a an "orange can" kind of guy. Maybe he should change his handle to OCODGuy. If he did start touting the Ultra, he could change his handle to FUGuy.
grin.gif

I have you figured out now Z06. You're all business during the week then on the weekends you're a basket case.
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

grin.gif

I have you figured out now Z06. You're all business during the week then on the weekends you're a basket case.
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

lol.gif
... guess it's just time to let loose on the weekends.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Stubbornness runs in the family eh?
grin.gif

KC, I have no idea where he gets it from.
shocked.gif

I asked him to save the MC filter he takes off. It only has about 200 miles on it and I want to cut it open.

Originally Posted By: steveh
Our Napa has the Platinum on sale for $7.54

Steve, is NAPA just running a monthly sale on them or is this price now set?

My Napa lists them at $7.xx too. But Advance had FL500s for $4 and a little change with a code. 10K oci with these trucks is just regular service. Two gallons is a lot of oil for a regular gas engine. Is it an Ecoboost?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steveh
Our Napa has the Platinum on sale for $7.54

Steve, is NAPA just running a monthly sale on them or is this price now set?
I don' know if its a sale but 6 months ago they were $13.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back