wix filters - 2 types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the napa ones are gold and silver, right?
But does wix itself sell two product lines with wnd without the silicon antidraIN BACK VALVE?
THEIR WEB SITE SEEMS TO ONLY MENTION ONE choice

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The Wix ones are Napa Gold. Napa Silver is not Wix, but I don't recall who makes it for them.

Napa Silver is made by WIX and not all Silver filters have the combo valve I have used both the 31516/31348 Napa Silver and it has the same up front by pass valve as both the WIX 51516/51348 and Napa Gold 1516/1348.

Toto.

Wix also makes some oil filters for the aftermarket that might be an even cheaper grade. I know the Auto Value stores sell Parts Master oil filters that a lot of the local oil change stores use. A typical PH8A or FL1A equivalent is $2.07 for a filter sold in a box or $1.67 for a plastic-wrapped filter sold in the multi-pack. Those are the every day prices. I'm pretty sure they are cheaper if you have an account with them. I've been meaning to cut one open but haven't done so yet.

There are a few Wix filters that do actually have a nitrile ADBV, despite their general statement on their promotional pages. I have opened a Wix and NG box upon occasion and found the absense of silicone ADBV.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I have opened a Wix and NG box upon occasion and found the absense of silicone ADBV.

Yep, my current 51358 is one with nitrile, at least when I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back