Wix 51394 Is Very Well Constructed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pete,
Quote:

The E1 threw you I'll bet.

Actually I was looking for 6 digits such as all my other Wix filters. For example I have a 51515 with:

061406C1, which I believe is June 14 2006.

So, looks like they changed it long ago. It's a 2000 motorhome. They must have changed the oil again after the filter change because when I got it the oil blotter was like brand new oil. Ran it 33 hours that way. Just put a new Wix on it and filled with Redline 10w30.

Quote:

Can you take pics of the pleats you cut out if you still have 'em? From what I can see, looks stout!

Sorry, it went out in the garbage. The pleats were pretty stout though. You should cut open your next Wix.

Quote:

Who said oil filters aren't sexy? There's something about a naked filter...

LOL! . . .
laugh.gif

51394 is the filter specified for my Nissan application. I have tried this filter on two separate occassions and have had valvetrain ticking both times. Swapping out the filter with an OEM 52J00 Nissan quiets the motor down.

While the filter may be very well constructed, it definitely does not make my Nissan happy (assuming it likes to run quiet).

driving.gif

Well, I'd say it is a bit too small for automotive application. Is your Nissan filter as small?

You should look into a longer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back