Wix 51394 Is Very Well Constructed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This actually is the NAPA Gold version, but look at the construction. This goes on my motorhome generator. The filter is about 3 inches long nd about 2.7 wide. Nice metal end caps, antidrainback, spring in the bottom of the can. Heavy weight can. Threaded end bypass valve is separate unit to right of filter cartridge.
100_23262.jpg

Who said oil filters aren't sexy? There's something about a naked filter...

It's refreshing to see a well designed and constructed filter. One wonders how long WIX can continue to produce this superior unit with most of the competition traveling in the opposite direction...

Pete C. Can you tell roughly from the can about what year that filter is from. I am curious because it's a 7 year old motorhome and I figure the generator oil must have been changed at least once, as a NAPA Gold would not be on the engine from the manufacturer. I was very pleased to see the previous owner had put a Wix on it. When I got it it had 67 hours and the oil was like brand new on a blotter.

Quote:

It's refreshing to see a well designed and constructed filter. One wonders how long WIX can continue to produce this superior unit with most of the competition traveling in the opposite direction...

Hopefully, as long as we keep supporting them with our $$$...
coffee.gif

With a filter that looks like this, I don't need anything more expensive, or more exotic.

i just purchased one of these to see if it would stop the start up noise i'm getting with eao9. sure enough it stopped the start up nosie. this is the second car i have had switching to napa gold from eao that stopped the 5-10 sec. start up noise. other eao filter was a 57. gonna try it on my pathfinder next which uses a eao13. hope the napa gold for the pathfinder will also work like the other two have to stop that start up nosie. napa gold filter seems quality built.

I sure would appreciate if wix follows fram and puts the "sure grip" on its filters. I still am paranoid from my last oci that I didnt screw my wix in tight. It kept slipping....

Quote:

Quote:

i just purchased one of these to see if it would stop the start up noise i'm getting with eao9.

I thought Gary Allen said the Amsoil filters were made by Wix.

Aren't Amsoil's filters made by Donaldson? Or are they assembled by Wix with Donaldson filtration media? I like Wix a lot, I switched my M1 EP filter for a Wix and got rid of a TON of start up noise on my Civic. I think the car runs smoother period with the Wix but that is just butt dyno [censored].

Jon

Pete, This one has an odd date code: 03301E1. Thanks

glenncof: Every Wix I have ever seen that has a bypass is in the base (threaded) end. This one, the 51515, and the 51773 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back