Wix 51356 = Napa Gold 1356?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is napa gold 1356 a good one? And is it same as 51356 of wix? How many miles can I go on this one? Sorry too many questions...

Exact same filter, and a common one for Hondas, Mazdas and perhaps some other Japanese vehicles. Has a silicon anti-drainback valve. In a clean running modern engine it will probably be good for longer than you want to keep any oil in. Honda calls for filter changes every other oil change and typically specified 7,500 mile (V-6) or 10,000 (4 cylinder) mile intervals before going to the oil life computer system.

I just ran this same Wix filter for 15000 miles in a Subaru. Sent off the UOA on Monday...so, I'll know next week. Opened the filter, looks fine to the naked eye!

Used on many motorcycles these days as well. That's what I use on my bike. Sometimes use a Baldwin or Purolator Pure 1, but mostly the Napa Gold 1356.

John.

This 1356 filter looks much better then the Honda Filtecs I have been using. Great fleetfilter prices. Get the cabin filters there too.

Its actually for a mitsu outlander 07 that is specd for 5w20. I looked at after market filters but couldnt find many. Fram is out and Amsoil Eao is not readily available. Same with the wix. Napa equivalent is out there and is the same size as oem so no fear of oil pressure difference. 5k is sufficient for me for one oil filter. So, I will go pick one up today. Thanks everyone.

^^^^
bump

Anyone knows if I am better off to stick with 51356/1356 or give amsoil EaO 13 a try? Which is superior/reliable between the two?

Actually, mine was a WIX 51365 that I ran 15000 miles (7500 OCI, I just left it on when I changed oil the first time). Insoluables came back at less than 0.2%.
approved.gif

Quote:

^^^^
bump

Anyone knows if I am better off to stick with 51356/1356 or give amsoil EaO 13 a try? Which is superior/reliable between the two?

Depends on cost.. at $4/filter for the wix it really is hard to beat. Is the EaO better, sure, but better is a relative term
smile.gif

Will you get more mileage out of your car running a EaO over a Wix, probably not. All comes down to how long you want to leave the filter in. The EaO will work great for 1 year / 25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back