Wilderness AT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Wilderness AT as a spare on my 99 Explorer . Read online that they were part of an old firestone recall.
Can this recall still be in effect ?

Those tires are more than 10 years old by now, well past their expiration date, even without the problems.

Get real tires soon.

I'd contact Firestone corporate about it. Don't contact a Firestone store first that may give you the wrong answer.
Contact the Firestone Service Center by calling toll-free (844) 838-5987

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'd contact Firestone corporate about it. Don't contact a Firestone store first that may give you the wrong answer.

Worth a shot...

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Worth a shot...

Not really. The recall campaign expired well over a decade ago. There might have been some goodwill replacements done a year or two after the campaign expired, but 13 years after the end of the campaign no one is going to give anyone anything.

The original poster can look the recall information up on the NHTSA website to get the exact codes and sizes, but it's an exercise in futility since the recall has long since expired.

I doubt the OP is going to get anything from Firestone. I am interested in the outcome though.

I phoned Firestone and was transferred to "Tire Technical" . It is also the warranty department . They needed the dot number from the tire in order to verify if it is included in the recall .

I will have to drop the spare to check the dot number .

The woman I spoke with said that they will take care of it at my local Firestone dealer but the warranty department may have to call the dealer to speak to them directly to get them to actually do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back