Why realtors need to have copy editors.

Any possible explanation is appreciated.

Screenshot from 2021-05-17 16-05-53.jpg

Dr. Pepper : invented in the 1880's, first served 1885, first nationally marketed 1904
Statue of Liberty : Finished/Dedicated in 1886
and of course, The Great Depression : 1929-1939
little bit of a disconnect....

but hey... the house i grew up in, my folks had custom pine bookcases installed (why pine? it matched the existing woodwork in the house). when we moved out, the realtor described them as "custom oak bookcases"

Friends mom was selling her house a few years back, Realtor listed it as having a gas water heater....
that house did have gas... but it was only hooked to the Furnace... the water heater was electric...
Unless they were making Gas lines that look IDENTICAL to romex at one time..... but hey, what do I know...

Funnily enough, the folks that bought it from her, Flipped it, and after their renno, the new sale ad (different listing agent) made the same mistake...good 'ol cut and paste!

The First Realtor also listed it in the wrong school district... ya know...minor stuff.

Last edited:
I mean why stop there?

"Just after the Big Bang and just before the inevitable heat death of the universe this building was being constructed."

"Just after the extinction of sabertooth tigers and just as women were on the cusp of no longer being considered property this building was being constructed."

Last edited:
Apparently, now that houses simply sell themselves within hours once they hit the market, realtors can post blather like this and it really doesn't matter.

It would be a lot easier, and just as effective, to simply write "Please refer to pictures, Thanks."

Apparently, now that houses simply sell themselves within hours once they hit the market, realtors can post blather like this and it really doesn't matter.
That's it, this realtor is trying to slow down the market down by making us read his or her lengthy write up. Genius, Pure Genius!!!

The realtor was probably stoned... that sounds like a stoned conversation

Hey man, that house I’m selling was made during the same time as Dr Pepper.

Oh wow! What if like one of the builders had like the first Dr Pepper....

Yeah I know right! Wasn’t that the time as the Statue of Liberty.

Yeah I think so dude. The Great Depression was wild.

I have encountered many people who I immediately thought were intelligent, dignified, or otherwise worthy of respect. Then they talked.

This realtor has apparently reached that level of ineptitude.

Houses and land are moving like crazy. My wife is a Realtor and 3 weeks ago we listed 5 acres of person property and within 3 hours had a deposit and signed contract. Settled yesterday. Thats how fast things are moving. Buyer plans to build several houses on it.

Back