Why partial Wix listing for some apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motorhome generator is a Generac Q55-G with a Generac GN480 engine. I can look this engine up on the Wix filter site and it only lists the oil filter. I wish it would also list the fuel and air filters, but I cannot get even a cross ref.

Maybe the oil filter has many applications and the particular fuel and air filters don't and so are not profitable for Wix to make?

Generac numbers (air 73123, and fuel 87769) can be entered in the Wix cross reference, but come up with the wrong type filter (air about 1/3 smaller than needed and fuel comes up a cartridge instead of a contined unit with hose fitting and threaded end).

You only interested in Wix?

I found some Donaldson numbers....
Generator Set FUEL CARTRIDGE PRIMARY 2.2L P556245
Generator Set LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW 2.2L P550162 To 1985
Generator Set AIR PRIMARY, FINNED 3.0L P181052
Generator Set FUEL SPIN-ON PRIMARY 3.0L P550127

Thanks Mike. I have no idea where they even sell Donaldson around here. But I can cross ref the Donaldson #s to Wix and see what comes up.

Paul, I plugged the PN, for your fuel filter, into the Wix filter finder on the web site and it spit this back at me...

Search Results for 87769
Part Number Manufacturer WIX Part Number
87769 CARQUEST 42769

And your air filter came back with this...

Part Number Manufacturer WIX Part Number
73123 PARTSMASTER GKI 33123

Look them up and see if they fit.
cheers2.gif

Thanks Mike. Thanks Pete C. In both cases all your numbers are way wrong for my applicaiton. My air filter is approximately 6.5 inches square. My fuel filter is a threaded one end and hose the other end and about 2 to 2.5 inches long and 3/4 to 1 inch wide. Well at least I can run the Wix oil filter.

Its possible that if the gen came with the motor home, that its a custom application for that make/model or the mh company had their own air/fuel filtration system.

We had a Onan generator at work that we could not find parts for. Even the Onan dealer could not help us. I recall having carb problems with it. Our mechanics though it would be cheaper to replace the carb rather than spend time repairing it after the screwed with it for a week and it still would nor run right. But the carb that was on the darn thing (was OEM it appeared) but not listed in any parts guide. Finally they just replaced it with a new Honda gen. The new gen cost about as much as the man hours spent trying to repair the old Onan over the year.

True, but the strange thing is that the engine is listed on the Wix site and the correct oil filter. Just no other filters listed.

Those "unlisted" filters are probably from the coach maker, to make the genpac fit in that itty bitty space, not the gen-pac maker. Somewhere on the Wix site you can do a look up by dimensions. You might have to "sign up" to get there though. Maybe, could be, might, eh.
Filters??? The baine of my existence!!!!!! (although, not as bad as production area managers
frown.gif
)

Well Pete, I've got the three catalog set they sent me last year, so I guess I can look in there. Seems they have a variety of ways to look things up.

I could just run the parts from the RV dealer, but it's nice if I can get things at my local auto parts store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back