why isn't Amazon.com a corporate sponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone from BITOG approached them?

Talk about a perfect match with 16,000 BITOG members - Amazon's automotive section has oils, syn oils, filters, additives, tools, etc. A fellow BITOGer's comment directed me to Amazon because of the price for a Purolator PureONE oil filter - $4.84, and NO tax, and NO shipping costs (on this particular marked item) because my total order was over $25. They have other items with free shipping, too.

If I'm Amazon, (an Internet-dependent org no less!), I'd put my BANNER at the top of each screen like our friends at Fuel Power do, and rake in the sales orders. (We BITOGers would handle their marketing in our comments for free!).

This is such a NATURAL win-win that I guess there must be some reason, already experienced, that this hasn't yet happened. I'm curious...

You have a good point. I picked up (2) 1-gallon jugs of Lucas UCL for 20 bucks each. Since the total was over $25, I also got free shipping (a savings of $14 on my order). I also buy many other items (books, video games) off Amazon so their link would count for those too.

I buy things like oil filter wrenches from Amazon. Great site to do business with. Had a little discrepancy with a mousepad once though, I ended up getting the larger version of the mousepad that was 17" wide instead of the one I wanted that was 12"! dang! But they returned it without any issues
smile.gif

My guess is that Amazon would compete with the current site sponsors.

Maybe BITOG should be BITAG: Bob Is The Amsoil Guy

It is a good point. Lots of photo sites i go on have an amazon link to get their site credit. Most of what amazon sells is auto parts store stuff on discount. its not what the typical site sponsor sells.

ericp: you put that same line everywhere. Enough. If in your 12 post tenure, you are unhappy, then feel free to leave the site.

I myself took advantage of the 2 for 1 deals on the pure one filters a while back and have 13 for my zx9r and about the same for my corolla. Have bought numerous things there

I first started using Amazon mostly to read the user reviews about any electronic devices I was potentially going to buy or my parents were going to by, I still use them for that on most anything I am looking to purchase

Originally Posted By: ericp
My guess is that Amazon would compete with the current site sponsors.

Maybe BITOG should be BITAG: Bob Is The Amsoil Guy
MAYBE YOU OUTTA JUST -GO AWAY- you're clearly here only to complain and not offer anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back