Who uses microfiber towels?

I got my first microfiber towel a week or so ago. I cannot believe how well it works. I wash my truck, with the thing still soaking wet, just lightly drag the towel over the entire truck. NO streaks, scratches, and can use on the entire truck without wringing out.

Amazing from a plastic fiber towel. Please go on more.

You guys are not talking about what they are made of. Only some new brand of the week wonder towel name. Some amazing stories for sure.
Have you ever used a Gauntlet towel? try one and if you don't like it I'll buy it off you, just make sure it's the 20x30 size, if not your just as someone mentioned a TROLL. :LOL:

MF towels have a finite lifespan and seem to be more susceptible to losing their water absorbency especially if washed with towels used for buffing or in bleach. For drying they seem to be the gentlest on paint. For normal MF cloths they usually go through this life cycle

Used only with distilled water to clean helmet visors>used for spot cleaning with detail spray>interior cleaning>used to buff wax>used for plastics protectant (typically carpro Perl)> used for cleaning wheels>cleaning off excess Perl from tires>oil rags>garbage.

the damage to the paint is done when washing the car, not when drying.

when washing bcs. dust or mud sticks on the cloth-cotton or a common sponge- and scratches the paint of the car when moving the cloth in circles , thus the spider circles in paint.
now mfiber or sheep glove are better when washing bcs. they trap dirt inside the fiber and trap it until it will be cleaned with clean water and dried again before next use, second hand washing.

when drying the car immediately after washing ,samois or mfiber doesn't matter at all, no damage to the paint.its just a clean paint and water.

spider circles in paint , you cant avoid them but with a big mfiber towel on drying ,with slow-mild tapping the towel and not move them on the paint then you might reduce -delay the spider circles.

well after all these years of washing the car at home i got tired.so i go to the wash park and i let them washing it, with high pressure spray hoses and some mfiber glove only at the bottom and when is necessary, mud or after days of raining ,then the perfect drying with a big air-drying machine .just a little tapping with a towel or samois where it has some water drops are left, and paint is fine.
6 euros costs me ! but i have a good service and most of all i am relaxed!
the trick is not to let too much dust ,too many days with bugs on grills.wash every week when bad weather or twice a month in summer.

Back