Who owns a Kia Carnival and what are your opinions of it?

We test drove a 2024 LX trim carnival today and it wasn't bad. However a few things on our short time with it was I hate the driver assist nonsense. Why car manufacturers want to help us drive is beyond me. If we cannot trust people to drive vehicles without the help of a computer steering and braking then maybe those people shouldn't be driving. 🤷 My wife kind of misses the stow and go option. Our grand caravan has that. She wishes the middle second row seat could fold into the floor instead of having to be removed for pass-thru for 3rd row passengers. Our biggest concern the A/C didn't seem that cold even after it was driven a few miles and sat an idled. Definitely not as cold as our grand caravan. How do you like yours? Any issues? Feedback is appreciated.

Review was good.

You can turn off or adjust most of the safety alerts you dislike.

I don't feel like nanny gimmicks really make anything safer it just makes people more stupid and lazy.
Yea " nanny gimmicks". Sure. We know this site has the world's best drivers..... especially considering what the reaction times would be considering the average age on here.

Yea " nanny gimmicks". Sure. We know this site has the world's best drivers..... especially considering what the reaction times would be considering the average age on here.
I mean I'm 31 so my reaction time is still good. Honestly I don't care for the steering wheel tugging when you get near the lane lines. I can handle the audible alert but the actual steering assist is not my cup of tea.

The AC would be a no go if it sucked on a new vehicle for me. We've all been in a car with lousy AC when it was new. Late 90's Civic anyone?

If you know how vehicles reviews actually work, it's a bunch of crap. If a popular channel says man, this new Buick is the worst and a week later, says, this Altima is a joke...Guess what, other car makers will take notice and won't want to give that channel a vehicle to post a negative video of to get 100K views.

A real review and I doubt Hyundai Kia will be providing him something to review ever again.

The AC would be a no go if it sucked on a new vehicle for me. We've all been in a car with lousy AC when it was new. Late 90's Civic anyone?

If you know how vehicles reviews actually work, it's a bunch of crap. If a popular channel says man, this new Buick is the worst and a week later, says, this Altima is a joke...Guess what, other car makers will take notice and won't want to give that channel a vehicle to post a negative video of to get 100K views.

A real review and I doubt Hyundai Kia will be providing him something to review ever again.

I love the honesty…..

I mean I'm 31 so my reaction time is still good. Honestly I don't care for the steering wheel tugging when you get near the lane lines. I can handle the audible alert but the actual steering assist is not my cup of tea.
You might want to see how easily this can be turned off... Is it a hard button with one push or buried in a menu on screen? If there is no way to program it to stay off with every power cycle and it isn't the easiest to turn off that would be a deal breaker for me.

I don't feel like nanny gimmicks really make anything safer it just makes people more stupid and lazy.
Unless you nod off which happens the car lets you know. If you were setting the feature off driving it illustrates something is up with your driving .

You can set thresholds that are more lenient on most of these systems. I don’t love the feature either but found I tend to wander a tad bumping the fog line driving a friends vehicle.

Hate the name, but they killed it on the looks. I'd still be very hesitant to buy a GDI Hyun/Kia engine, which this one has. However, in a segment with very few offerings, the Carnival is a strong option.

Unless you nod off which happens the car lets you know. If you were setting the feature off driving it illustrates something is up with your driving .
It would go off if you even got near the lines. It was very much over the top sensitive. Glad it can be reduced or turned off.

Back