Who makes Pronto Filters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone knows who makes Pronto filters, and if they are any good ?
VIP Auto in NH has them on sale for $1.69 Thinking about stocking up for the fleet (not a real fleet, just alot of cars I'm maintaining lately) that I maintain.

Thanks,
Justin

I just bought one. It says right on it, made by Hastings (Clarcor). Looks good on the outside, better than an L10193. Unfortunately, it too has a dome end bypass. I may continue buying them if I like what I see when I cut it open unless I find something cheap with a thread end bypass.

Originally Posted By: JustinC25
Just wondering if anyone knows who makes Pronto filters, and if they are any good ?
VIP Auto in NH has them on sale for $1.69 Thinking about stocking up for the fleet (not a real fleet, just alot of cars I'm maintaining lately) that I maintain.

Thanks,
Justin

for a buck sixty nine cut one open and post up pics for us!!!

I know it has been reported that it is made by Hastings, but what country was this filter manufactured in?

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I know it has been reported that it is made by Hastings, but what country was this filter manufactured in?

America by an American company. Sorry I left out an important detail. Have yet to find a cartridge for my Ecotec that is. Hate to see my dollars buying schnapps for German fat cats.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Never heard of them...

Neither have i. Or my local Baldwin/ Hastings/ Casite dealer.

Anyone got a web link?

http://www.pronto-net.com/ I think they are a small buying group. We have a small chain of jobbers here that stock their stuff. They sell to the professional trade. I know they carry hastings too, and I think WIX. 30 years ago I was paying $5 for PF 9's there because they were the only place in town that stocked them. Nobody else but NAPA had a filter that would work on my truck.

I picked up some filters on the weekend. They all aren't made in the same place. I got some for a Subaru and others for a Honda. Fram style filters use the same one but Proto has different ones as Purolator does. Subaru doesn't need an anti-drainback valve and the bypass valve is somewhat different than Honda. Anyway, the P04460 with no drainback valve is made in China and the other one P04459 is from Korea. The both say they cross to PH3593A but I wouldn't want to use the one with no valve on a Honda.

Overall they look well made. If you get some, make sure you check the book for the right filter.

Here's some pictures:
filters002.jpg

filters001.jpg

Interesting indeed!

Good pics. They look identical to Purolator's product for those two numbers which I'm familiar with (former Honda owner, current Subaru owner). I don't know if that's good or bad, just interesting.

What did they cost you?

I guess you can't count on anything over a week old. The PO4619 I bought last month definitely said made by Hastings and Made in the USA on it. However, it was in an older style box than the others on the shelf. If they are now made by Botch in China, I guess I won't be buying any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back