Who DOESN'T use distilled water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our water has so many minerals that dispite the city adding two treatment plants, and having a water softener and charcoal whole house filter it still tastes bad. I suppose it may be leaching minerals out of the pipes from all those years with bad water?

I'd never pour it in my car, heck I can't even wash the car without leaving spots.

If you have a room dehumidifier then you can bottle your own distilled water for later use. And if you have a damp basement like me you'll have plenty of distilled water
grin2.gif

Whimsey

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
If you have a room dehumidifier then you can bottle your own distilled water for later use. And if you have a damp basement like me you'll have plenty of distilled water
grin2.gif

Whimsey

I sure hope you are kidding because what's coming out of your dehumidifier is about the farthest thing from distilled. It's almost certainly not safe to drink. Think of what the water condenses on to, what it has to flow over, and what *else* is blowing past it all the while. Dust. Mold. Mildew spores. You name it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jon
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
grin2.gif

Whimsey

I sure hope you are kidding because what's coming out of your dehumidifier is about the farthest thing from distilled. It's almost certainly not safe to drink. Think of what the water condenses on to, what it has to flow over, and what *else* is blowing past it all the while. Dust. Mold. Mildew spores. You name it.

Well - I think I got the joke.

Still - it may not be safe to drink, but placing that kind of water in a cooling system wouldn't be all that bad. I mean - you've got a cooling system that operates near the boiling temp of water and will destroy anything that may be alive in there short of exotic bacteria living in hot springs in places like Yellowstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back