White spot on paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long ago I noticed some white splotches on my Jetta, almost like white lithium grease or something. I've long ignored it, will continue to do so. It won't come off with washing nor if I rub my hand on it. However I'm noticing similar weird spots on my white truck; might be something else, as white on white doesn't show up well... but there is something odd there that I can see if I catch the light just right. What could it be? Might a clay bar remove it? Both on the Jetta and the Tundra the splotches are in areas where one would put a hand, not on leading edge of the hood--Jetta has it on a fender and door, Tundra has it just below a door window.

That's what I would try first on it after washing of course. Then add some protection to that area since the clay will strip a wax or sealant. If that doesn't work I'd try some Meguiars scratch X or one of their other polishes like 105.

I always advocate trying white vinegar or dish soap first. Both are very strong cleaners that you probably already have around the house.

The next step would be a clay bar.

Yeah go with dawn dishwashing detergent and than a clay. I doubt its Lithium grease... unless it somehow dried onto the surface.. not sure if thats even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back