Which oil filter for a Toyota Matrix and Mobil 1 5W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car is a 2005 Toyota Matrix with about 8200 on it. 1.8L Engine, not the XRS Currently have M1 5W30 in there since about 3K, will probably stay with M1 unless someone has a better suggestion. Changes will be every 5K

I've been thinking maybe trying Pennzoil Plat but not sure yet

Here are my choices:

OEM Toyota
Purolator Pure One
Purolator Premium Plus
Mobil 1
AC Delco

Any suggestions for best protection and filtering? I drive about 100 miles a day round trip with about all of it Highway avg about 65-80 mph

I'm new to this so all suggestions are welcomed
smile.gif

Thanks

go with denso 'first time fit' filters from any online auto parts discounter...

Nice filters, some of the best out there, IMO.

JMH

For a 5k OCI, I'd stick with PureOne, though I may eventually try a NAPA gold in my Highlander. The Mobil 1 is a very good filter, but I think I'd run it for the extended OCIs considering the price.

Any of the listed filter would be fine. study the uoa section before making decision to spend the money on syn oil .As the top petro. oils give as good or better wear numbers for alot less $$$ add a maintenance dose of A R/X to keep the insides clean and you will be money ahead and the engine will last as long . If you want to bump up the oil change intervals to 10,000 + go for M1 EP or Amsoil and filters, they will go the distance.

The japanese oem filter is a bit weird with the depth media, some people love it and some people hate it. I personally use a Motorcraft FL400S (not OEM spec) but if I were to use any OEM size one I'd go for Purolators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back