which conventional or blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigt61
In a newer Ford still under warranty, it's tough to go wrong with Motorcraft, as it's a Ford umbrella product. Keep it topped off and change every 5000 - nobody can argue a warranty claim if you should have a problem.

Simple, easy and piece of mind.

Well I still haven't made up my mind. My car is going in on Tuesday for the front timing cover to be reasealed. 8000 miles in the odometer and already leaking but anyway they'll replace the oil when they do it so I have to make up my mind soon. I'm strongly considering mobil super.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Well I still haven't made up my mind. My car is going in on Tuesday for the front timing cover to be reasealed. 8000 miles in the odometer and already leaking but anyway they'll replace the oil when they do it so I have to make up my mind soon. I'm strongly considering mobil super.

They're both excellent oils, but it's a Ford so go with Motorcraft. If in the future you want to try the Mobil Super 5000 you can, but for now just go with the Motorcraft. Look throughout the site, and you'll see Motorcraft 5w-20 has an excellent reputation. It used to be the darling oil of the site until it went up a few bucks. But it's still an excellent oil, so use it with confidence.

But like I said, Mobil Super 5000 is also excellent, so regardless of which one you go with you're not going to pick a bad oil

They will I work there If they don't I'll do it while it's up in the air. I'd do the job myself but it's a conflict if interest. So I'm not really supposed to do warranty work on my own car.

My 2014 Mustang GT recommends Motorcraft 5W-20 and 10,000 mile OCI or one year or use the OLM. I fully believe the Motorcraft oil can go 10,000 miles. I had 6,660 miles on this oil change and it was almost a year since I had changed it and the oil was still clear on the dipstick and the inside of the oil fill hole was spotless.

Wayne

The Motorcraft is a semi-synthetic where as the Mobil 5000 is not. Last I recall it was about $4 or $5 more for a 5 Qt. bottle at Wal-mart.

If you doing 5k oci, go with Mobil super 5000. 7,500 oci, go with motor craft. I have been using Mobil 1 synthetic for 2 years, cost like $27. Look like I am going back to Mobil super 5000 ( save me money). I do 5k oci. So it make sense.

Both oils are good. Personally, I'd rather pay $3.00 to $6.00 more for a full synthetic with better basestocks and additive packages.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Both oils are good. Personally, I'd rather pay $3.00 to $6.00 more for a full synthetic with better basestocks and additive packages.

How did you get that number? $3 to $6 more for a full synthetic. Mobil super 5000 is $14.17. Mobil 1 synthetic is $26.67. That's $12.50 difference.

Originally Posted By: moto94536

How did you get that number? $3 to $6 more for a full synthetic. Mobil super 5000 is $14.17. Mobil 1 synthetic is $26.67. That's $12.50 difference.
Synthetic for 10k miles is cheaper than conventional for 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: moto94536

Synthetic for 10k miles is cheaper than conventional for 5k miles.

I'm not sure most syn users go 10k miles. Even BITOGERS. 5k-7k seems more likely after scanning the oil change thread.

Yes. I am no longer falling for 10k oci with synthetic. That's why I am going back to Mobil super 5000 and do 5k oci.

If you want to only go 3k on oil changes and don't think Supertech is any good then I suggest you read a little more on here
You will learn something

What the heck...Just use Service Pro. Now this is quality. Just like Super of the Tech from Wally World. Yeah right. Seriously. Mobil 5,0000 or Valvoline. Synpower. Full Synthetic

I'd like to know what your definition of "full synthetic" is and then correlate that to the two oils listed. Can you do that?

Originally Posted By: Baseball17
What the heck...Just use Service Pro. Now this is quality. Just like Super of the Tech from Wally World. Yeah right. Seriously. Mobil 5,0000 or Valvoline. Synpower. Full Synthetic

Originally Posted By: Baseball17

Not sure i understand. Can you please explain. Thanks

Motorcraft.
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back