Where to buy Valvoline Maxlife full synth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where to buy this? I'd like to give it a shot in my TransAm and Outback since they see a bit more severe service but I can't find it anywhere I looked (wallyworld, Autozone, Pepboys) I emailed Valvoline but figured I'd see if anyone here has seen it out and around. If not, the regular maxlife is a synth blend which I'm sure would be just fine also.

I once found it at a WalMart in the valley here but it is not widely available. The only oil I see that is HM synthetic and readily available is the Mobil 1 HM 10w30.

i mostly see the syn blend, but last year i did find 4 quarts of the full syn maxlife 10W30, got all four of them but have not seen any since.

Guess you just have to get lucky and find it by accident like i did

Our Wal-Mart has the 5 quart jugs of Maxlife full synthetic. I was told that Wal-Mart was going to drop Valvoline and Havoline oils and carry only Mobil, Pennzoil, and their own house brand. I was also told they were going to drop all diesel oils.

I have a niece that is a Wal-Mart manager and she said they were not going to drop these oils, actually they were just not going to re-order them. I am still trying to figure what the difference is! Anyway, this may be why some stores have Maxlife and some don't.

Valvoline said that Napa is their biggest supplier of this stuff so I'll check with them and see if they have it or not. My walmart did not have it but It's also not one of the big gigantic ones. There's a bigger one right down the road from where I work so I'll check there.

I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Napa. If Napa doesn't have it they can probably order some for you, the ones around here are really good with stuff like that.

I usually get mine at Walmart too, 5 qt jugs, as it is a good price. They have both full and blend. I do see it as well at AutoZone or Checker but heck no, for the price they want to charge in single quarts! Walmart for me is always the way to go for price.

Originally Posted By: MiniTransAm
Does anyone know where to buy this? I'd like to give it a shot in my TransAm and Outback since they see a bit more severe service but I can't find it anywhere I looked (wallyworld, Autozone, Pepboys) I emailed Valvoline but figured I'd see if anyone here has seen it out and around. If not, the regular maxlife is a synth blend which I'm sure would be just fine also.

MiniTransAm,

I too have been looking for this synthetic oil also and my Pep Boys only has the blend. Funny out here in California too.

Durango

Those of you that did find it retail how much did a quart/jug run you? I haven't checked my local NAPA yet but if it's going to be ungodly expensive I'll just stick with the blend. Can only imagine how much it would be if they had to order it for me.

the four quarts I got last year were $4 and change, older SL though so coulda sorta been a clearance but i didnt care

I am going to try the WalMart where I found it last time and see if they are still stocking it. It is strange that is varies from store to store but at least it is not too far from me.

Well, I found the Full Syn version of MaxLife at the same WalMart as last time so apparently the WalMarts do carry different stock. I bought two 5qt. jugs for after my AutoRx phases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back