Where Is Cabin Air Filter On 98 Expedition EB? Is There One?

Is there a cabin air filter on a 98 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L?
If so, where is it?
I looked behind the glove box...no sign of one there.

I think it’s under the glovebox. Four screws hold it in. The Ex kept my Ex. Been a while, but that’s what I remember.

Is there a cabin air filter on a 98 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L?
If so, where is it?
I looked behind the glove box...no sign of one there.
Website has a few tips

If I posted this question, somebody would reply with that page which shows you how to use Google.
I did do some research. Everything I researched was a bit gray. Turns out some of these had it, some didn't and a lot of mixed information.
Mine is one that does not have it, so that is why I couldn't find it.

^ How does a dealer add that on? Do you have a part #?

Usually the cabin air filter (if present, doesn't surprise me that a '98 Ford wouldn't have them yet) can be found by either looking up under the dash in the passenger footwell, or pulling the glovebox out.

The first car that I had that had a CAF was a 1999 Ford Taurus. It was accessed from the engine compartment side, after removing part of the cowl by the wiper arms.

The 98 eb did not come from the factory with a CAF. The air box was sealed. However, a kit was available from Ford. This kit included the filter and a cover for the filter box. You had to carefully cut out a rectangular plastic piece on the lower end of the box and fit the filter into the box. Then attach the door. I had 98 and 2000 EB Expeditions and installed the CAF on both. I could look up the paperwork for part numbers and/or installation instructions. Remote chance, I may be able to locate the info.

Back