Where do pets go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
and how we deal with death is just as important as how we deal with life.

That's from Star Trek 2 "The wrath of Khan"

How much more trouble would it be to send pets to the same place you're at?

Some people don't believe in things they don't understand. That's a pathetic way to think and live.

Last edited:
You know how they call them "fossil fuels"? "Dino oil"? That's where everything goes when it dies.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
and how we deal with death is just as important as how we deal with life.

That's from Star Trek 2 "The wrath of Khan"

How much more trouble would it be to send pets to the same place you're at?

Some people don't believe in things they don't understand. That's a pathetic way to think and live.

And some people believe in magic books that dictate how they should live their lives and what happens after if they don't obey the text, despite these texts being translated a thousand times and modified heavily....
smirk.gif

I honestly don't know what happens when I die other than what we can observe from this side of it, which is the termination of our existence as a human being and the subsequent return to earth of our bodies. Beyond that, what happens to our "conscience"? Nobody really knows. Perhaps, and probably, nothing. I do know that there's no guy living in the clouds and his evil opposite living in the centre of the earth stabbing folks with a pitchfork sounds pretty contrived as well.

Perhaps there is another plane of existence our conscience passes onto beyond this one. It certainly makes more sense than the simplified heaven/[censored] theory. However, I don't know that to be the case, so I stand by my earlier statement that we should make the best of the life we have, because in terms of the here and now, that's all we've got.

I grew up with a lot of pets as a kid, I hope none of them are waiting for me in the after life. I'm sure we all have more adventures ahead. If marriage is only until death do we part I can't expect more from my past pets.

Its not that hard

you see it in the bitog rules.. and its even in the forum desc.

Quote:
General and Off Topic (97 viewing)
NO Religion/Sex/Politics

I mean do you think the rules just apply to everyone except yourself?

I see constant threads with 1 of those 3 elements within.

Well that and the people who get banned 4-5-6-22 times and still keep coming back.

Pets go in the ground usually and decompose.
If something else happens when you die come back and let me know.

I may have started this hubbub several days ago and it got tossed after reading some interesting information. GOOD TO GOOGLE and ask the question: where do our pets go when they die? Interesting answers and some which suggest they go up (political correct answer?) Ed

Losing a pet can be tough. I have lost a few in my lifetime and it is never easy. Lost plenty of friends an family over the years too including my best friend 3 years ago. The best advice I can give you is to take comfort in the fact that you will always have the memories to look back on.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Any other thoughts are conceited and delusional.

hahahahahaha.... wrong answer/opinion.
The correct answer would be that only a small fraction of one percent of the population has connected with the afterlife.

The Good will see their dogs again. Although it is very rare, but connections between Mediums and spirit have been interrupted by barking dogs trying to exhibit themselves at the forefront of the connection.

There have been instances when the grandparent spirit is clutching the once stillborn child of her daughter and a family pet, during the reading.

Smile and be good. Otherwise you will likely be temporarily cleansed first by fire, then rewarded with seeing your dog again. Mortal-Bad means never seeing your dog again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Any other thoughts are conceited and delusional.

hahahahahaha.... wrong answer/opinion.
The correct answer would be that only a small fraction of one percent of the population has connected with the afterlife.

The Good will see their dogs again. Although it is very rare, but connections between Mediums and spirit have been interrupted by barking dogs trying to exhibit themselves at the forefront of the connection.

There have been instances when the grandparent spirit is clutching the once stillborn child of her daughter and a family pet, during the reading.

Smile and be good. Otherwise you will likely be temporarily cleansed first by fire, then rewarded with seeing your dog again. Mortal-Bad means never seeing your dog again.

I used to play pen/paper RPG's too.

God makes little spirits for animals the same way as he makes sprits for humans. When the animals die, their spirits go back to heaven to be with God. When our lives are over, our spirits go back to heaven to be with God the same way as our pets do and we'll be reunited with our pets and other family members at that time.

To take a quote out of the most widely read book in the world.

John 3:16-17

Did your dog believe?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
God makes little spirits for animals the same way as he makes sprits for humans. When the animals die, their spirits go back to heaven to be with God. When our lives are over, our spirits go back to heaven to be with God the same way as our pets do and we'll be reunited with our pets and other family members at that time.

Well-you actually posted something I can agree with.

It was bound to happen......

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
[, so I stand by my earlier statement that we should make the best of the life we have, because in terms of the here and now, that's all we've got.

Make the best? How do I do that?

My most rewarding moments are sitting on my backside contemplating unsolvable questions such as these. Someone else will think that's a total waste.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
This probably isn't going to be a popular view but here is my take:

We are all what we are. Beings here until we are not. When we go in the ground, that's it, that's all she wrote. So make the best of your time while you have it. If you have a 4-legged companion, treat them well because the time you have with them is all there is, once they are gone, they are gone.

Leave nothing you many not be proud of. Make the most of your existence, the impact it has is your only legacy. Be memorable, because that is the only part of you that truly lives on.

I'm not religious in any way, shape or form. I am proud of who I am, where I came from and the mark I have and will leave. You define who you are to the world and to the history books. Make the most of it.

If you were good to your dog and made its life good, then that is all that matters in the context of this thread. Be proud of that, wear it, and live your life.
+1 I couldn't have said it any better. I too am not religious in any way.

I'd like to think we get reunited with our family and pets, but that's just totally unrealistic.

Just because you choose not to believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I heard a priest the other day on Relevant Radio speaking about the death of pets to a caller.

As I recall, his thoughts were that to God no living creature ever really ceases to exist. Thus, I guess he was holding out the possibility at least that we could be reunited with beloved pets one day if God so wishes.

I found it comforting having lost too many dogs (and cats) over the years.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
This probably isn't going to be a popular view but here is my take:

We are all what we are. Beings here until we are not. When we go in the ground, that's it, that's all she wrote. So make the best of your time while you have it. If you have a 4-legged companion, treat them well because the time you have with them is all there is, once they are gone, they are gone.

Leave nothing you many not be proud of. Make the most of your existence, the impact it has is your only legacy. Be memorable, because that is the only part of you that truly lives on.

I'm not religious in any way, shape or form. I am proud of who I am, where I came from and the mark I have and will leave. You define who you are to the world and to the history books. Make the most of it.

If you were good to your dog and made its life good, then that is all that matters in the context of this thread. Be proud of that, wear it, and live your life.
+1 I couldn't have said it any better. I too am not religious in any way.

I'd like to think we get reunited with our family and pets, but that's just totally unrealistic.

Just because you choose not to believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

and vice versa. Just because you really want something to be true and 100% believe in it, doesn't make it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back