When is GC NOT a good oil for the application

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title says it all. I love this stuff and have nothing but good things to say about it. I still have 70 bottles of green left, so the question is:

In what vehicles and applications would you absolutely not choose GC? I'm here in Mid Michigan, and I run it in everything but my flat tappet big horsepower 440's.

I use it in all my modern, late model cars and broken in small engines, is it still the best oil available in your opinion for these apps?

It doesn't seem to work as well in Honda engines as thinner oils do. It's just a tad too thick for them. I wasn't that impressed with how it performed in my wife's 2000 Civic so I switched her car over to the thinner Syntec 5w30 (which is 9.7 cst, compared to 12.2 for GC)

Quote:

In what vehicles and applications would you absolutely not choose GC?

I wouldn't use it in a VW pump-duse TDI engine, where a VW 505.01 approved oil is recommended. I'd use it in just about any gasoline engine without hesitation, with the exception of high-horsepower racing engines.

I would not use it in an apllication that needed high additive levels and/or higher viscosity oil.

I would not use it in a Detroit or Cat...

I would not use it in a Suzuki GSXR1000

I would not use it in a Carbed, Solid Tappet Big Block Chevy.

I would not use it in a H-D Twin.

Has anybody used it in a GM 6.0L Vortec V8 that is spec ed for 5w30?? I leave my GMC outside in the winter and was thinking of going with GC since my autozone has the green

Quote:

Has anybody used it in a GM 6.0L Vortec V8 that is spec ed for 5w30?? I leave my GMC outside in the winter and was thinking of going with GC since my autozone has the green

Should work great, I'd use it without hesitation in any vehicle spec'd for a 5W-30.

pat2.gif
pat2.gif
pat2.gif

Quote:

...since my autozone has the green

And pray tell WHY you haven't bought it all yet?!?!?! I'm sure I am not the only one who will pull a u-turn and go out of my way every time I see a new Auto Zone I haven't already pillaged for GC!!!

Quote:

I'm sure I am not the only one who will pull a u-turn and go out of my way every time I see a new Auto Zone I haven't already pillaged for GC!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about...
blush.gif

Quote:

10w-60!?! Dang!!!

a coworker has a 04 M3. theres a big sticker under the hood that says to only use "Castrol Racing High Performance Synthetic 10w60 Oil" and it states that any other oil will void the warrenty. BMW can get away with this because they offer free oil changes throughout the warrenty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back