When did the P1 and Bosch Distance/Plus come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent looked in the filters section much to research this but wondered when the Puro P1 came out and the Bosch Distance Plus filters came out? I know that Purolator P1's used to be blue. I also wonder when AA came out with the TOTAL GRIPS.

thanks in advance folks,

adam

PureOne has probably been out over 15 years now. Not sure on the Bosch.

BD+ has been out guesstimate, 2-3 years now. New Gold P1 since around late 08/early 09, but blue P1 can be seen as far back the original Minimopar filter study which dates iirc to late 80's early 90's.

As for the AAP Total Grip, used to be AAP's house filter made by Purolator. Gone for a few years now, but was a heck of a value especially on BOGO and when AAP closed them out. Cut one of the AAP TG 7317 open and compared it a P1 in appearance in the thread below.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1940720

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa
Just dissected a D+ and a P1 and the filter media on the D+ is far superior. Will post pics soon.

Please do, we love gawking at filters!

River_rat's testing confirmed some time ago when some thought the BD+ and P1 were the same that, the BD+ uses a thicker media than P1, it's a synthetic blend as opposed to the P1 cellulose type media. Of course there is the cost factor to be thrown into the equation too. P1's can generally be had for < $6 at Kmart and Amazon, less when on sale at AAP with a code. The BD+ runs ~$11.50-~$13.50, one might be able to get them for ~$1 less on special.

I recently used a BD+ for two oci's but I got mine for ~$3.50 a year or two back on an AAP code glitch. I likely wouldn't pay the normal BD+ premium over the P1 for an up to ~7500 oci. If running two oci's an/or up to 15K oci then the BD+ becomes more cost effective. But if money is no object sure the BD+ is a "better" filter with more than twice the rated holding capacity of the P1, 29g v 13g. Still 13g for the P1 isn't too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back