Whats the best filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Give me a link to the premium ones. The Baldwin B2 I use has a Anti Drain back valve and bypass valve 8lbs (my tranny filter is horizontal)

I sent the online store link to the Recycle Bin of my computer right after tossing those B2s in the garbage. When I purchased them, the B2s were around $3.00 + shipping - same site had the Baldwin Premiums for around $8. I used those B2s for a horizontal filter-mount. The one, single Baldwin Premium filter I bought was for a vertical mount. I've decided to stay with AC Delco as my vertical mount filter. The PF-61 has no ADBV.

No sense in buying filters with ADBVs when one is not neeeded. That filter stays full of oil 100% of the time after shutdown. That Colorado 4X4 engine has a decent size oil channel in the engine that sits right above that vertical filter. It makes quite a oil mess when changing the oil. I remove a full filter every time - plus another 1/3rd quart comes out - that sits in that channel above it.

Sorry for not having that link for you anynmore. The horizontal filters I use now are all NAPA Golds or Motorcrafts. I get the NAPAs here at fleetfilter.com.

No worries about the link.

Yeah I like fleetfilter.com I will order my next set of filters from them, for my next oil change.

Quote:

Quote:

Filters for my car don't have by-pass, kind of scares me.

I don't see any mention of that here. Please copy and paste who wrote that.

Quote:

I must admit that I like the idea of an oil filter that filters significantly better than what I'm accustomed to. But I have no intentions of using one with the bypass valve on the closed end. I have considered using an EaO on my GM vehicles (engine bypass),

.....but I don't know why it scares him. The in block bypass mechanism, if not defeated, is just fine
dunno.gif

Quote:

The one, single Baldwin Premium filter I bought was for a vertical mount. I've decided to stay with AC Delco as my vertical mount filter. The PF-61 has no ADBV.

No sense in buying filters with ADBVs when one is not neeeded. That filter stays full of oil 100% of the time after shutdown. That Colorado 4X4 engine has a decent size oil channel in the engine that sits right above that vertical filter. It makes quite a oil mess when changing the oil. I remove a full filter every time - plus another 1/3rd quart comes out - that sits in that channel above it.

777, I just bought 6 of the Baldwin B7010 (PF-61 equivalent). No ADBV. Maybe they have changed design since you purchased. They are priced right. 3.97 eachfor the B7010, and only 2.33 for the B35-S (PF-52 equivalent) for my Rendezvous.

Quote:

An Amsoil EaO on a high mileage, carbureted, 1985 Ford 4.0L I6?? Good lord why?
pat2.gif

Joel

The 4.0 is the newer V6 the Inline was a 4.9L. And if he wants the best good for him, although I do think this engine will last forever on a cheaper filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back