What temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6F/-24C here near the NE corner of MT. Until tonight it's been unseasonably warm here the last few weeks, 20's at night and 35-40 during the day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
9PM here, 72F, will plummet to 56F just before sun-up.

Is it true that your island nation is upside down and that your seasons are backwards?

About 20 degrees too warm, as it nearly always is. High about 60 today, low to be around 48 tonight (yes, that's right; damp air holds more heat than dry, so we have little variation between day and night temps). Humid after yesterday's rain. No freezing weather even at night for the next week or so, at least not for my side of the lake.

We were near 80 two days before Christmas. Hard to get into "Frosty the Snowman" when Frosty is sitting there sweating like everybody else.

Kiwi, I love that map. The tail end of South America looks like a big fish hook!

Currently 38° and sunny. Tonights forecast is down to 24°.

24° is a cold night in my area. It'll get down to 19-20° a couple nights a year,but that's definitely out of the ordinary.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
Currently 38° and sunny. Tonights forecast is down to 24°.

24° is a cold night in my area. It'll get down to 19-20° a couple nights a year,but that's definitely out of the ordinary.

Sounds perfect for this time of year . . .

Originally Posted By: silvercivicsi
Sandy Eggo - about 60F outside right now, shorts and t-shirt weather!

Below 65-68F is too cold for shorts and t-shirt ! I prefer 70-75F during the day and no lower than 55F at night.

-27c right now. Just went out to start my truck since I forgot to plug it in. Turned over a little slow but it fired.
Gonna go to the car wash with my dog.

It's just -11F here this morning.

No biggie, it's not "really cold" until it gets to around -30F.

Originally Posted By: Turk
It's just -11F here this morning.

No biggie, it's not "really cold" until it gets to around -30F.

I agree with you. I took my dog for a walk last night and he loves winter. He's a husky/collie cross.
Picture a husky,but blonde and brown eyes. Long hair in him.
I got him because he looks like me,long blonde and brown eyes. Hehehe.
This dog when he was a pup came to work with me daily. -35c and he woukd find a snowbank,do his little circle to pack the snow and plop down til beak time,at which point fetch became his priority.
I had a break down in one of our vans. It was so cold the throttle body froze shut and I coukdnt get it started again.
So I had to put the dog in my jacket and walk,into a service zone because where the van died was a Rogers cellular dead zone.
So here I am-50something hitch hiking with a puppy's head poking out of my jacket.
I ended up getting picked up by a cop,who immediately asked if I was nuts. It was blowing snow so bad he didn't see my van a couple miles back on the roadside.
Anyway the dog kept me warm enough that I was nearly sweating. I was of course dressed for work so I had my insulated coveralls on and a few top layers.
Since then he's got no fear of cold. And forces me to take him out every day,regardless of weather for his walk.
I love winter. I don't mind cold.
And I hate bugs. And that greasy sticky sweat. Yuck. I've worked in the heat,and I've worked in the cold and I'll take extreme cold over extreme heat any day of the week.
I've spent my entire life working outside. As I've gotten older my ability to handle the heat has dwindled. I got heatstroke last year at a ball tourney and was sick for a week.
So I look forward to winter. Nature slumbers,the air crisp and clean,and less people out doing what they do.

I was in San Diego last night around midnight and it was so cold I had to roll up the driver's window while going down the freeway. I was prepared for this cold snap. I was ready to turn on the heater and I had a jacket stored in back. This has been a brutally cold winter so far with temps getting down to 36F during the night. If this keeps up I'm going to wear that jacket. Can't be too careful.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I was in San Diego last night around midnight and it was so cold I had to roll up the driver's window while going down the freeway. I was prepared for this cold snap. I was ready to turn on the heater and I had a jacket stored in back. This has been a brutally cold winter so far with temps getting down to 36F during the night. If this keeps up I'm going to wear that jacket. Can't be too careful.

My windows had been up, heater was at maximum setting and a light jacket was on for several weeks already. A sweater and heavier jacket are in the trunk ready to be used !

This year is colder than the last several years, today high is only 61F and low will be 43F tonight and tomorrow only 57F high 36F low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back