What is the handgun equivalent of F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point! Never quite thought of it this way.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
If you are looking for a carry gun, you'd be a fool to rule out plastic. Weight is an important consideration. In fact I'd say just the opposite and rule out an all steel gun for carry.

Ruling out plastic in a carry gun is like ruling out carbon fiber in a sports car. Makes no sense at all.

If you've got something against Glock, no problem. There are plenty of competent imitators.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
[/quote]
Apparently you have never owned one of gm's classic body styles. I had a 99 that was the 88-98 bodystyle. Getting parts was a [censored]. At least with the newer ford's you can use the VIN and get the right parts.

LOL, I happen to have an 84 K10. I don't consider that to be a "classic." Maybe the pre 81 trucks. The 88 and up stuff is brand new.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: cb_13

Apparently you have never owned one of gm's classic body styles. I had a 99 that was the 88-98 bodystyle. Getting parts was a [censored]. At least with the newer ford's you can use the VIN and get the right parts.

LOL, I happen to have an 84 K10. I don't consider that to be a "classic." Maybe the pre 81 trucks. The 88 and up stuff is brand new. [/quote]
The 99s that were a 98 body style was called a Sierra classic. That is gm's name not mine. To me a classic is the 67-72 c10's always loved that bodystyle. Anyway back to my point they did the same "classic" model when they switched designs again in 2007. The parts system may have been much better by then though. I wouldn't know. I am back in a ford where I belong.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

About the only thing Ford did forever was the 9 inch rear end.

A lot of Chevy drag racers use the Ford 9 inch.

I know...my dad's vette drag car had one. It or 57 Olds rearends is all we ever used in our toys.

If you really want the F150 of carry guns, there's one gun that will thrive on neglect, eat coffee, rainwater, dog hair and mud and still go "bang" every time. The Glock. It's plastic. Did you want a gun for its scrap metal value or one that works?

Don't get me wrong - I own Walthers, Sigs, CZs, and Smith and Wessons. But the gun I grab on my way out the door is an ugly plastic Glock 26.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get a Glock myself. A Glock 17. It seemed that all the comparable/price ranged guns didn't feel as nice. More...clunky...oversized. Just my opinion.
I was talking with one of the sales people at the gun store and asked about his preference. He said all the other workers there that day carried Glocks except one...only because it wasn't Glock day for him. The next day was, though.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back