what is proper way to quiet a limited slip differential

I was wondering what is the proper way to quiet a limited slip differential. I heard is you add the LS additive 1 oz. at a time and drive it in a circle. Does clutch material make a difference?

I change out the gear oil and add the correct amount of new limited slip additive. Run it a few days. If it still chatters then add 1 more oz. at a time.

Some gear lubes play nicer than others with limited slip. Possibly check out vehicle specific forums to find what works best for your set-up.

Pretty much correct. I've always done 2oz's at a time, which has not been a lot. A Chevy Nova 10 bolt and a 1974 Z/28, both needed some more friction modifier after I changed rear gear oil. I drove in a figure 8 a couple of times to get it worked into the clutches. Yes clutch material makes a difference. The newer the more you should listen to the manufactor.

I was wondering what is the proper way to quiet a limited slip differential. I heard is you add the LS additive 1 oz. at a time and drive it in a circle. Does clutch material make a difference?
circle must be counterclockwise when viewed from above.

Back