What is a dot pps file type, how to open it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Got an email with an attachment called advice.pps .

Are you running an older operating system?

It should open as a .pps, it's a power point presentation, but if you don't have powerpoint, it may just say cannot open, if you have gmail/google docs, you could try to open it/import it with that

It's supposed to be a powerpoint slide show, which should open and display even if you don't have Powerpoint installed in your Windows computer. Maybe your Windows isn't a newer version?

Download the free viewer from Microsoft, or Open Office will open it also. I went through the same thing on my 8 year old laptop running XP.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
is it a legit email?

http://www.zamzar.com/ can help you convert that file to some file format that you can use.

Careful with Zamzar. I recently picked up some scareware from that site. It took me two hours to get rid of it.

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure it was one of their ads.

Last edited:
My youngest sister sends...or forwards.....a lot of stuff that has the Power Point extension.

I had to go to the MS web site and download the free viewer just to see pictures of places that I will never visit.

I'm running XP Pro, sp3 with all the latest updates. Just don't have all the add ons installed. Used to have office on it but the disk is only 40 gigs, so removed it to make room for my photos.

This is one of those things that get passed around where my wife works, been forwarded 198 times, at least. Another email chain letter. She sent it to me. I'll just ask her what is in it....

I swear, them people over at the university have too much time on their hands.

Thanks guys....

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I'm running XP Pro, sp3 with all the latest updates. Just don't have all the add ons installed.

The reason I asked about what OS you have is because I have an XP machine that won't open a Power Point, but a Vista that I have will.
I guess I need to download the PP viewer that a few posters talked about, but it's seldom used for email so I'll just do it when I get a round tuit.

I recently opened a docx with OpenOffice (can't recall version). And OpenOffice will open Powerpoint as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back