What happens when a fly lands on your food:

I don' think most of that population is in the US though, well maybe soon, but that's another topic.

One of the reasons the average oral temperature has decreased over the past 160 years of monitoring is due to having less parasites and chronic inflammation in our system. Pretty sure food hygiene is behind most of those worm based infections.
According to the CDC over 60 million Americans are hosts to parasites and they are not talking about things like the mites that live in everybody's pores.

I had a guy who was a nurse ask the question, how long does food have to stay on the floor before being contaminated?

Nasty stuff. I always try to keep flies off food. What purpose do flies serve in our planet's ecosystem. Can we just delete them? What type of motor oil do I need to use in my electric car to kill flies? Or perhaps I can use a fuel additive? Thanks.

Nasty stuff. I always try to keep flies off food. What purpose do flies serve in our planet's ecosystem. Can we just delete them? What type of motor oil do I need to use in my electric car to kill flies? Or perhaps I can use a fuel additive? Thanks.
Flies are pollinators, predators, and a food source. For what it's worth, mosquitos are flies.

Flies are pollinators, predators, and a food source. For what it's worth, mosquitos are flies.
I had a maggot infested deer head land in the back yard last summer curtesy of the local buzzards. It was the nastiest thing I had ever seen. Took a long handled shovel out to scoop it up but couldn't even do that. It was out quite a way aways from the house so I just left it. I'd circle around every day upwind and those maggots took care of that thing in a three days. Then threw it into the bushes only to find it back out in the yard, local dogs I think. So I just mowed around it until nobody wanted to anything else with it.

Time for lunch, gotta go!!!!

I had a maggot infested deer head land in the back yard last summer curtesy of the local buzzards. It was the nastiest thing I had ever seen. Took a long handled shovel out to scoop it up but couldn't even do that. It was out quite a way aways from the house so I just left it. I'd circle around every day upwind and those maggots took care of that thing in a three days. Then threw it into the bushes only to find it back out in the yard, local dogs I think. So I just mowed around it until nobody wanted to anything else with it.

Time for lunch, gotta go!!!!
You got any pictures? :ROFLMAO:

at fast food restaurants?
You can start and finish the 'fast food' conversation with one word, preservatives. Best to stay completely away.

onto the mucosa of your mouth
And nose too. Scratching or picking your nose is an acknowledged disease spreader.

When we'd work around fire-proofed materials (or the spray itself) the rule you'd quickly learn was, "Don't go to your face". The mucosa would readily enflame.

Flies and others are also decomposers.

According to the CDC over 60 million Americans are hosts to parasites and they are not talking about things like the mites that live in everybody's pores.
Wow, that is quite a statistic. I looked into this further and though it may not be real medical advice but a good general outline:

To avoid and treat parasites:
- Cut out sugars, it seems some are yeast based
- A wormwood and black walnut liquid supplement can be helpful as many parasites do not respond to antibiotics
- Pumpkin seeds
- Garlic and ginger

This article could be helpful for our worn infected bretheren:

Cleanliness and hygiene especially if you are in contact with people and/or animals. Make sure your immune system is in great shape (gut biome!). Crazy old Cat Lady has probably toxoplasmosis. Cysts on the brain and whatnot. :LOL:

Another useful tidbit of information is that flies crap where they eat. Their feces often contain Heliobacter pylori, a bacterium that causes peptic stomach ulcers. As many as 50% of people are infected with H. pylori. Don't eat food that has been crapped on by flies.
Rule to live by: Flies crap every time they land.

The last place I worked, the cabinet shop was across the road from a dairy. If you didn't wash your car every couple of days, it would end up looking like a rolling pile of fly crap by the end of the week.

My mother-in-law used to say she had never met a constipated fly.

I've always thought the major problem with flies is that they like to walk around on any kind of pxxp they can find before they land on your food. But I don't have an evidence base for that comment.

I guess the risk would depend on whether they wipe their feet before visiting.

When I was a kid we had a lot of flies around the (outside of the) house. One year I set out to kill them all. That worked. Within a few days there were no more flies. Chairman Mao did something similar. He asked all good Chinese to kill a certain number of flies every day. Within a short time there were no more flies left to kill.

Does anybody remember that lengthy scene with Jack Elam and the fly on his face early on during Once Upon a Time in the West? At one point he traps the fly in his six shooter's gun barrel.

We were on a family vacation to Los Angeles. For some reason, we were traveling there on I-5. Some where north of Bakersfield, we stopped for lunch. One one side of the road was a Denny's, the other side was a place called, Mrs. B's.

We went to Mrs. B's because mom always thought Denny's smelled like restroom urinal cakes.

Mrs. B's was full of flies. Flies really gross out my younger brother. As we were leaving, he turns around and yells, "Mrs. B's??? More like Mrs. Flies!"

Back