What do you get in return when you changed a loved one's oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed my girlfriend's oil in her '01 Montero.

I used the Pennz Plat Syn and Purolator filter combo from PepBoys (= $7 w/ tax after MIR's).

I got an awsome dinner. Baked stuffed talapia, greenbeans in cream of chicken soup, nice green leaf lettuce salad with roma tomatoes and red bell peppers, big bottle of pinot grigio wine, and some great chocolate chunk cookies from the oven.

Plus she rented Lord of War and The Man.

I had a great time afterwards too!

What do yall get in return for you oil services?

My wife always give me a treat for doing the oil changes in her Expedition.
wink.gif

OTOH, I've gotten the official "Your oil change services are no longer required" from my in-laws. They would rather pay someone to change their vehicles' oil, I guess. I don't know why they don't want me doing it anymore.
dunno.gif
I had been doing free oil changes for them for a year or so, & I've never messed up anything.

All I get when I changed my sister's oil in her Civic was a "thank you". Since I didn't expect anything in return, "thank you" worked for me
smile.gif

Outside of my own vehicles, I usually get a hard time.

To make up for it, I ask for more expensive gifts for Christmas. One hand does wash the other, right?
wink.gif

Peace of mind knowing:

A)A cardboard end-cap Fram was NOT installed

B)A quality product has is now being used as the life blood of thier engine.

C)I applied the golden rule. I treated there car as I treat my own.

Hmm ...I get silent appreciation. She needs to be assured of me being some type of magic maintainer. Her anxiety quotient climbs expotentially if she can't 100% rely on her ride.

Vic ..I think that there's a mating ritual attached as a rider to that oil change ..at least from her view of it. You strutted your stuff ...now she's presenting her offerings to the table.

She doesn't know that it's "pretend" yet.
wink.gif

My sister gave me haircuts...

about the same interval too.

"You need to drive some more, I'm starting a mullett here!"
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back