What companies own the different oils????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more for the list:

Conoco Phillips: Conoco, Phillips 66 TropArtic, 76, and Kendall (also Motorcraft).

Chevron: (Texaco) Havoline.

BP: Castrol.

Last edited:
good info...didn't know BP was a British company...I'm going to keep my money right here in the U.S. and use either Exxon/Mobil, Shell, Conoco/Phillips, or Marathon. But that's just me. So, no more Castrol for me either

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Then you might as well drop anything made by Shell from your list. Shell is a European company with its headquarters in London.

DOH!!! That's where I go every fill-up. And I hate change. Grrrrr....

Originally Posted By: gmchevroletruck
good info...didn't know BP was a British company...I'm going to keep my money right here in the U.S. and use either Exxon/Mobil, Shell, Conoco/Phillips, or Marathon. But that's just me. So, no more Castrol for me either

What exactly did you think the acronym BP stands for?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Then you might as well drop anything made by Shell from your list. Shell is a European company with its headquarters in London.

DOH!!! That's where I go every fill-up. And I hate change. Grrrrr....

You had better pack it in now and give up driving! The oil industry is global you will be very hard pressed to find an oil company that solely uses only USA crude for everything they make! Your going to be fairly limited. Just mt .02 for what its worth!
Joe

Originally Posted By: Pablo

What exactly did you think the acronym BP stands for?

BP=Beyond petroleum..
13.gif

If you wanted to stick with a strictly American company, another "BP", Brad Penn that is, would be your only choice. Choices for "American" gasoline are zero, since the oil comes from all over the world. ExxonMobil and Conoco-Phillips are American companies at least, regardless of where the oil comes from. I try to buy American, but it's not always possible. If you're not going to buy Shell gas because it's not American owned, I guess anything from Conoco-Phillips would be good...it gets a top-tier rating for gasoline, just like Shell.

Btw.. Shell is half Dutch, half Britisch.
Not that I use their oil (anymore) or their fuel.
I would like to get the German Shell V-Power Racing 100 fuel.
My car runs very well on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erogers
If you're not going to buy Shell gas because it's not American owned, I guess anything from Conoco-Phillips would be good...it gets a top-tier rating for gasoline, just like Shell.

Which has always made me think the whole "top tier" nonsense is just a case of pay some money, get the right to slap a rating on your sign.

Conoco gasolines run like in my old iron. The new cars adapt to it and just get lousy mileage, but the old ones ping and hesitate like crazy even on Conoco premium. No way will I ever use it unless I have to. Strangely, its the ONLY fuel I've found that causes such a reaction in my cars. I'm not a one-brand guy when it comes to fuel and I regularly use Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Valero, Texaco, and Mobil without noticing any difference at all... but I can *immediately* tell if my wife filled up the car at Conoco and didn't tell me.

Originally Posted By: erogers
I guess anything from Conoco-Phillips would be good...

Might want to drop that off your list as well, since CP uses Korean base stocks. In a global economy, it's very difficult to try and buy only one country's product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back