What are you working on today?

Replacing two pumps In a steam boiler room pit kept flooding. Couldn't figure out why the pumps would not work. Finally figured out the company that installed the new boiler wired the pumps wrong burnt them out. After spending the day and some overtime in the boiler room I realized a few things I didn't notice just doing my morning walkthrough at 6:30 am. New boiler runs constantly. Old boiler that's the back up but programmed to go on a few times a day never ran. Need to make the phone call tomorrow morning to finally get this boiler situation finalized I'm tired of the run around. The price you pay when job goes to the lowest bid

Last edited:
My HST won't start if it even thinks the foot rocker isn't in N. Dunno if yours is HST?
Yep its definitely a HST. I hooked up a remote starter button this afternoon and it turns over and sounds like it has compression, but no power to the secondary starter cable so there is definitely a safety switch broken somewhere. I'm really good at mechanical stuff but novice at electrical, but electrical is starting to make sense in my brain now. I'm also not getting any fuel, so about to change the under filter and possibly swap the fuel pump. I might drain the entire tank as well while i'm there just to see what the original complaint from the seller was before it ended up in pieces by his mechanic.

Well this rotor ring swap out went south in a hurry. Accidentally set the wrong torque for the BBK caliper to bracket bolts and whoopsie! 90 ft lbs instead of 74. Lucky my trusted shop got it helicoil'd so I can hit the track this weekend. Timecert is the better fix but they didn't have one im the right size so this will do with a check during each day to make sure it's good.

20231207_121141.jpg20231207_145555.jpg20231207_105713.jpg

Well this rotor ring swap out went south in a hurry. Accidentally set the wrong torque for the BBK caliper to bracket bolts and whoopsie! 90 ft lbs instead of 74. Lucky my trusted shop got it helicoil'd so I can hit the track this weekend. Timecert is the better fix but they didn't have one im the right size so this will do with a check during each day to make sure it's good.

View attachment 191985View attachment 191986View attachment 191987

Wow. Seems a little interesting the centering would be like that.

What material is the rotor made of?

Took the skid steer for a test today. Grabbed three of my old sleds and brought into the shop. I keep them on pallets in the coverall so when the time comes I can put them where ever.

Skid steer runs great now. Its back to what I remember it as so much happier.

Now my sleds.... they are filthy, need a heavy cleaning from the dust and some odds and ends before they get fired up for the season.

Changed oil on the Honda Yesterday. 6.5k miles, Pennzoil platinum. That's all I've got going on.

Reactions: D60
Spacer lift on '08 Tundra. It's something like 3" strut spacers and 1.25" rear block.

In order to accommodate the dropped diff mounts they also have to lower the rear of the skidplate a bit. They provide three small hockey pucks to do it. Now, tell me what the average lube tech will do with three tiny discs that go rolling??
To ward off incompetence I welded the spacers to the skid. Will rattle can to prevent rust.
20231208_125835.jpg

2015 Chevrolet Impala 3.6 V6
Replaced thermostat, rotated tires and changed oil

1990 Chevrolet Cheyenne 1500
Replaced taillight boards, greased tailgate latches

2000 Chevrolet S10
Installed a set of 15x7 American Racing torq thrust wheels

Spent a couple of hours doing inventory and getting up a supply list for the shop I work out of and the truck shop.

Treated Grandma to the all weather mats for her new Cadillac
Then took it for it's first fill of nice top tier 93
I better get all the cookies on Christmas 🙂
Ordered them the day we took delivery, they came in two weeks later
Parts man says they're still recovering from events 👀
Lovely day for light outdoor work, it's only 60° 🌡️
Normal December weather 😯
1000008519.jpg

1000008520.jpg

Finished the basic spacer lift on the Tundra. It hardly looks lifted in this perspective but then it's a minor lift:
20231209_124929.jpg

Front strut spacers
20231209_121324.jpg
Rear blocks and new OME shocks:
20231208_173717.jpg

As for spacer lifts, it wasn't my choice. He brought me the vehicle and the parts, I just installed 'em

Working on the sleds this morning. One of four is ready for snow. Resealed the chain case, wipe down of all the dust collected over the summer, track tension in check, battery topped off and so on. Took a few bottle primes and shes alive and well. Fuel now up to the T so the primer knob now works.

No snow and nothing forcasted in the next two weeks...... yeah......

Back