What a 500,000 mile NYC Taxi Valvetrain Looks Like

Status
Not open for further replies.
You claimed they do teardowns - are you still sticking to that claim? Not just repairs but teardown and analysis. Why would they do that?

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Our local police force has their own neat little garage with a couple of lifts, etc. I believe they also do work on some of the Public Works vehicles too. I haven't been in inside, but I drive by frequently and there is always some vehicle in there being worked on. I think they have retired almost all of their Crown Vics. Mostly Chargers and Explorers now. Some day I'll have to go there and ask what oil they use.

Originally Posted By: Garak
The RCMP have their own facility, but that only deals with stuff that's within spitting distance of Regina and if they have the time. They don't even install their own light bars or electronics. Tires and most other things are done elsewhere, especially most routine maintenance.

OK, I should clarify. I was speaking about local LE agencies. Our HWP (State Highway Patrol) does have a shop but beyond the PM and minor items, most of the major work is shipped out.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
OK, I should clarify. I was speaking about local LE agencies. Our HWP (State Highway Patrol) does have a shop but beyond the PM and minor items, most of the major work is shipped out.

That reminds me, I've seen a few adds for some of the last Crown Vics being disposed of at sale. Maybe I should get my last kick at the can.
wink.gif
Five years from now, I'll regret that I didn't.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
You claimed they do teardowns - are you still sticking to that claim? Not just repairs but teardown and analysis. Why would they do that?

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Our local police force has their own neat little garage with a couple of lifts, etc. I believe they also do work on some of the Public Works vehicles too. I haven't been in inside, but I drive by frequently and there is always some vehicle in there being worked on. I think they have retired almost all of their Crown Vics. Mostly Chargers and Explorers now. Some day I'll have to go there and ask what oil they use.

Mass State Police use M1 0-20AFE in their Crown Vics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back