Weldmark/MigPony/Eastwod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some years ago, I bought a Weldmark Mig25-140. These were IMO very overpriced, but I negotiated a reasonable deal with West Air, about the same price as an Eastwood 135. As it turns out, it's the same machine anyway. Northern Tool used to sell the MigPony which appears to also be the same machine. This all came to light recently for me, as I wanted to buy a knurled drive wheel for my Weldmark. When I bought it, it came with only a smooth drive wheel for mig wire, which was OK with me, as I already had a tank of C25. However, I ran out of gas a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to weld some stuff with flux core wire. The instructions that came with the welder said it would work fine with the smooth MIG wheel, but it didn't. I couldn't find a Weldmark knurled wheel anywhere online, but Eastwood sells one for their Mig 135. Dimensions seemed OK, so I ordered it. It was a little tight sliding onto the shaft (keyed), but that's probably just manufacturing tolerances. Now my machine will weld fine with flux core.

These three machines look exactly the same, apart from branding, so hopefully I can get parts from Eastwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back