watching buyers of expensive replacement tires go into shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
Glad that you are having good luck with the MXV4 tires. I drive very conservatively. It's a strange thing about how they can be good on one car....and absolutely terrible on another.

Some of the Primacy MXV4 fitments are OE fitments and not aftermarket fitments, so the tread compound was not spec'ed by Michelin.

The Michelin website indicates which sizes are OE fitments.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: CKN
These cars are either on leases for the most part-or bought used. When the vehicle comes in as a trade-many times the tires are shot and the dealer puts on the cheapest they can find.

This. Sometimes it's the owners, sure. My Toyota Certified used Corolla came with dealer-installed [censored] tires, Telstar Weatherizer. I figured I'd run them for 25K but after 15K and nearly crashing a few times, I bought a new set of Michelin MXV4's (made easier by the lower price of small tires). The Michelin's weren't that great, but at least they didn't try to kill me every time the road was wet.

There is a local dealer chain around here that puts Fuzion touring tires on everything before they sell it used.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
There is a local dealer chain around here that puts Fuzion touring tires on everything before they sell it used.

Fuzion touring tire is very bad on both dry and wet surface. It is on my V70 when I bought it used 2 years ago. I plan to change it out soon even it has more than 4/32" remaining. Usually I don't change tire until it gets below 2/32", unless it is that low at beginning of winter rain around November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back