Wanting new sockets.

Get Williams sockets. Snap on without the price.

Exactly! I have an assortment of sockets from many makers. Pay a few $$ more and get the Williams sockets, hands down better than the Tekton, GW, and anything coming out of HF, including their "higher end" tools.

Plus that price I quoted is a smoking deal. I bet that they are 6x that from the tool fool on the truck.
That's a nice deal. I bought mine quite a while back doing some online shopping, and a few different size sets came from Zoro using 20% off coupons. In any event they're a quality tool at a reasonable price. If I were the OP I'd be shopping for them.

If those are the 2 you are wanting, go w the Tekton. I have old USA made Craftsmans for all my sockets that I use regularly. If I need something that only gets used every once and a while I will get the HF stuff as they are right down the road.

For the sockets you use the most, I would look at Williams
I have a little Tekton; nice stuff for the money.
Bringing back old thread…. I Second the above. After a few years of trial and error and not having the right tool at the right time and a homeowners budget. Very satisfied with below based on actual and projected use.

- Williams basic 1/4” (metric) set (6pts, ratchet and extensions. Bought direct from Williams on sale (when they used to sell direct, now you have to go thru a vendor, keep an eye out for sales on Zoro)
- Williams medium size metal box (Nice) with some Amazon and HF holders (Great for portability and keeping everything organized)
- Complete 1/4” Tekton bit set (highly recommended)
- SK flex head ratchet
- ICON 1/4” shallow SAE. Ok with this brand for low use. Mostly home stuff.

952873BE-0D8D-468A-8F28-8F8045268B08.jpeg

Back