Wanting new sockets.

I am wanting some new sockets. I would like the opinion of some of the forum members. I have it narrowed down to two sets:

I definitely want 6 point over 12 point. The Tekton is all 6 point ans the Quinn is mostly 6 point.

I have some Quinn sockets and ratchets and they seem to work well. I have never used Tekton tools.

Some out there have said that Quinn/Pittsburgh sockets and Tekton are the same with different stamping on them.

I have used both brands with good luck. I’ve heard Quinn sockets are made in the same factory as Kobalt hence the same stripe and everything and the font is pretty close as well.
Tekton are really good too. Really can’t go wrong with either set. Never used Quinn ratchets though if they are the same quality as Pittsburgh or Kobalt on them no thanks and also I believe the selector switch is opposite as well which drives me nuts lol.

I have used both brands with good luck. I’ve heard Quinn sockets are made in the same factory as Kobalt hence the same stripe and everything and the font is pretty close as well.
Tekton are really good too. Really can’t go wrong with either set. Never used Quinn ratchets though if they are the same quality as Pittsburgh or Kobalt on them no thanks and also I believe the selector switch is opposite as well which drives me nuts lol.

The selector position doesn't matter to me as I just loosen or tighten by feel.

I have some Pittsburgh Pro tools that seem to work pretty well.

I wish there were some folks that do long term tests with both brands and remove people's feelings.

That Client Graphics guy does tests until ratchets break, and they all break.

The selector position doesn't matter to me as I just loosen or tighten by feel.

I have some Pittsburgh Pro tools that seem to work pretty well.

I wish there were some folks that do long term tests with both brands and remove people's feelings.
Nothing wrong with the Harbor Freight stuff if you like it. Just their ratchets don’t hold up well in my line of work doing it daily the Icon does pretty well but not the Pittsburgh. I have all these brands in my toolbox. I am sure they are fine ratchets for a regular person though. I don’t mind if something is from Harbor Freight especially their sockets I’ve had excellent luck with. Just watch for skips that’s my only issue with them skips in the sets.

This Craftsman looks like a nice set for $80

I also recommend that you consider Craftsman, especially if you can get them on sale (like the set in Warstud's link). I really like their newer stuff, and prefer the way it feels in the hand; in fact, I like some of their tools better than the comparable Snap On). Of course, the newer Craftsman is not the same as it was in the 60s and 70s, but not many modern things are.

I also recommend that you consider Craftsman, especially if you can get them on sale (like the set in Warstud's link). I really like their newer stuff, and prefer the way it feels in the hand; in fact, I like some of their tools better than the comparable Snap On). Of course, the newer Craftsman is not the same as it was in the 60s and 70s, but not many modern things are.
I wonder if the ratchets are serviceable? IMO, Snap On is HIGHLY overrated. I think it is a placebo effect when someone handles a Snap On tool. It's a Snap On, it must be the best.

I wonder if the ratchets are serviceable? IMO, Snap On is HIGHLY overrated. I think it is a placebo effect when someone handles a Snap On tool. It's a Snap On, it must be the best.
First you say you are a DIY and not a mechanic but know enough to have the opinion that Snap on are overrated While asking others to help you choose between two lower tier brands. Okay. LOL
I wont bother with my opinion, probably overrated stuff anyway.

First you say you are a DIY and not a mechanic but know enough to have the opinion that Snap on are overrated While asking others to help you choose between two lower tier brands. Okay. LOL
I wont bother with my opinion, probably overrated stuff anyway.
I guess I inadvertently touched someone's nerve? I was meaning that Snap On is HIGHLY overrated because of their hyper inflated prices. $126 for a regular 3/8 ratchet is beyond absurd. I am sure Snap On is a great tool, but 8X greater than others, I doubt it.

Any rate, thank you for your input.

Back