want an install disc for dimension 2400 dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried looking in the Dell website for a disc but nothing.http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=slg&cat=sup&cs=RC978219&k=installation+disk&rpp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd&rf=all&nk=f&sort=K&nf=19019~7~141294%2c19426~7~143661&navla=19426~7~143661&ira=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False&~ck=anav . anyone have one here? I want to start fresh,so that i can sell this computer and get a more updated one.

Call Dell directly. You can order the discs as a spare part. I think it's like $10 or something.

You could go a less erroneous route than windows and look up Ubuntu Linux. Free reliable, and about one of the safest out there. I'm an Information Technology consultant, and if you need any help I'm happy to help a fellow human.

Ubuntu is the way to go! I'm using it right now! The learning curve is steep but worth it.

On the other hand, you can check and see if there was a restore point set way back and go that way.

If it's just windows you want find its i386 folder; that has all you need to reinstall XP. Use the sticker on the back as your license. You can get all the drivers online.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
yes, a fresh copy . xp pro

I have the Dell OEM disc for Windows XP Professional. As long as you have the key, which will be on the License of Authenticity sticker, you should be all set. I'm PM you.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Have you though about looking @ a new desktop?
Yes. I want to erase everything on this one so that i can sell it to someone.I plan to piece together one with parts that came out maybe a year ago,so they're way newer and not so expensive as the newest parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back