Walmart Winter Tires - Made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
for that price, you can get General Altimax ARctic in the same size.

http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/wi...67245&tab=1

That's comparing the regular price at Walmart with the sale price at Cdn Tire. I think the current sale price at Walmart is less than $50. I picked up a set 265/70-16 for my truck at $55 each, I couldn't find used tires at that price.

As with most other things, I don't think Walmart is a good place to buy tires. The name brands can be had significantly cheaper elsewhere and the inexpensive stuff is no name (possibly) junk. Much like their electronics.

No way I'd put a no-name Chinese tire on my car, no matter how good it looked. A name brand tire, made in China, I would consider but still be wary of.

Originally Posted By: westwind999
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
for that price, you can get General Altimax ARctic in the same size.

http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/wi...67245&tab=1

That's comparing the regular price at Walmart with the sale price at Cdn Tire. I think the current sale price at Walmart is less than $50. I picked up a set 265/70-16 for my truck at $55 each, I couldn't find used tires at that price.

They weren't on sale at my local WM BTW, that was the price posted.

I have bought a single tire at Wal-Mart, and it actually worked out fine.

I had a set of Goodyear Wrangler Radials on my truck that were bought from and installed for less than even Wal-Mart's price. When one got a sidewall gash, I went to Wal-Mart for a replacement. It was less than $100 out the door, they didn't tear anything up, and the tire was balanced fine. The hole in the wall shop that installed the set of Goodyears was faster and cheaper, but Wal-Mart worked fine given that I wanted one tire right now on a Saturday.

When I bought a set to replace the Wrangler Radials though, I did not use Wal-Mart. When it's not an immediate need, buy online or find a tire shop with a good deal on what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back