Walmart pulled SOPUS off the shelf in my town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
I sent in a scanned copy of the Walmart receipt and got this response:
Thank you for your participation in the Pennzoil® Fuel Rewards® Savings Promotion.
We have reviewed your submission in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for this promotion, and
your submission did not qualify for the Fuel Rewards savings based on the following:

Invoice/Receipt not sent
Un-identified Store

I'm in the process of sending them the receipt EVERY DAY until they send me the code...and if I don't get it soon I'll be calling Shell exec. offices...

Same thing happened to me.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
What a bunch of morons.

I'm trying to be kind to all people but well said!

I bought a 5 qt. jug of PP on Tuesday that appeared to be unopened. The seal looked unbroken in the store. But noticed when I got home and opened it that it didn't 'click' when breaking the seal. I tried the redemption code online anyway to see what would happen, and the web-site didn't reject the code (recognized as a real legit code), but after entering the code it didn't give me any fuel reward. So it's already been redeemed.

I tried submitting the receipt online for a code via the "no code under cap" option, and if that doesn't work I guess I will return it and buy another that is unopened.

Lesson learned.

It is things like this that make me disgusted with people. They have no respect for anything or anyone. They are self absorbed parasites. People caught doing stuff like this should be banished from civilized communities, and made to live in camps with others just like them the rest of their lives.

I did end up returning it and the clerk at the returns desk confirmed they have to discard it. So that sucks. She even had to get manager's approval given the reason for the return and they can't restock/resell it.

The flip side is instead of one I turned around and bought two more of the 5-qt jugs of P4 and easily/immediately got the $2/gallon rebate on my Shell FRN card. With a little work, pretty close to FAR when filling up the tank on a van.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HKPolice

Walmart can never do that for liability reasons.

and greedy lawyers that hunch over and rub their hands together are why we cannot, as a people, have nice things.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
So did SOPUS over estimate the moral character of your typical Walmart shopper ?

Judging by the people in the parking lot of our local Walmart you'd need a tetanus shot to shop there........

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Absolutely ridiculous that Wal Mart would throw away perfectly good product, somebody out to call Wal Mart corporate and ask them to remove the caps and sell the oil at a slight discount.

Walmart can never do that for liability reasons. If a person buys some of this discounted oil and the engine blows up, they can sue Walmart. It's the same reason why all grocery stores have to throw away perfectly good food even if it's only expired for 1 day.

My mom was at a WM store a couple of years ago that had a refrigerator go out that held some milk and dairy products. The perishables had only gone up about 2 degrees, but the manager threw all of them out. There were several dumpsters that had food and dairy products in them. From the point of the WM store, I can see the liability there, but that was a shame that all that food got wasted.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Better, dump the oil in the bulk oil change tanks...

So long as you match the weight, who is going to know what brand it is...

Best idea in the thread. Minimize loss and waste in one move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back